The participant’s illness is being reviewed & evaluated
“Following our guidelines, the participant’s illness is being reviewed and evaluated by the ENSEMBLE independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) as well as our internal clinical and safety physicians,” the company said in a statement. ENSEMBLE is the name of the study.
“Adverse events -illnesses, accidents, etc.- even those that are serious, are an expected part of any clinical study, especially large studies.” The pause was first reported by Stat News.
Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine arm is developing the shot. The company did not say what the unexplained illness was, but one point of clinical trials is to find out if vaccines cause dangerous side effects. Trials are stopped when they pop up while doctors check to see if the illness can be linked to the vaccine or is a coincidence.
“Based on our strong commitment to safety, all clinical studies conducted by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson have prespecified guidelines. These ensure our studies may be paused if an unexpected serious adverse event (SAE) that might be related to a vaccine or study drug is reported, so there can be a careful review of all of the medical information before deciding whether to restart the study,” the company said.
Read more: CNN
- Pasta with spetzofai sauceSpetzofai is a rustic spicy Greek dish that is made with thick sausages and long green and red peppers in a rich tomato sauce.
- Beef with peas and potatoesThe perfect family meal is here with healthy peas and beef full of protein! Kids will surely love it… Serve with crusty bread! Serves: 4 Prep. time: 15′ Cooks in: 1:40′ Ready in: 1:55 Ingredients 1 kg beef flatiron 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 tbsp tomato paste ½ cup […]
- Goji berry chocolate porridgeA chocolaty goodness, an amazing comforting breakfast dish that the whole family will love! No added sugar, full of protein and chocolate!
- Sardine cevicheEnjoy this recipe on toast or crackers or as a bruschetta. It is both healthy and yummy!
- Zucchini hummusZucchini replaces chickpeas here, so this recipe is lower in carbohydrates and a nice choice for those with intolerance to legumes. Zucchini is very hydrating so you will need to add only a few drops of olive oil, making it lower in calories!
It is also known as Sappho's Leap Read more →