The cave of Tuc Audoubert was discovered by the three sons of Count Henri three Bégouën on 20 July and 10 October 1912
The bison stood next to each other, built from the cave walls, leaning against a small boulder in the darkness.
While they are 18 feet twenty-four inches long, they are beautifully constructed.
The bison remained alone for thousands of years in the dark French cave until it was discovered in the early 20th century.
The artist’s hand signs are still clearly visible and the techniques used to render the face and mane details Objects like these clearly demonstrate that man used clay for artistic expression long before the actual firing of clay was discovered.