Atlantis Books in Santorini is the most interesting bookstore in the world, according to leading National Geographic magazine.
“A decade ago, a group of friends from Cyprus, England, and the United States founded this bookshop, now in a gorgeous home overlooking the water in Oia, Santorini. The store has hosted readings on the terrace, bookbinding classes, and food and film festivals,” says the magazine for Atlantis Books.
The list with the 10 most interesting bookstores is published in National Geographic book Destinations of a Lifetime and includes:
1. Atlantis Books, Santorini, Greece
2. Cafebrería el Péndulo, Mexico City, Mexico
3. Munro’s Books, Victoria, Canada
4. El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
5. Powell’s City of Books, Portland, Oregon
6. Prairie Lights, Iowa City, Iowa
7. Shakespeare and Company, Paris, France
8. Gertrude & Alice, Sydney, Australia
9. Librairie Avant-Garde, Nanjing, China
10. Cook & Book, Brussels, Belgium