A day that changed China
Hundreds of people were killed on June 4, 1989, as People’s Liberation Army troops cracked down on pro-democracy protesters in and around Beijing’s Tiananmen Square. Events will be held and speeches made to commemorate the massacre and those who died in cities around the world.
In central Taipei, capital of self-ruled Taiwan, a massive inflatable version of the iconic “Tank Man,” who defied the military as they entered Tiananmen Square, has been on display for several weeks.
On Monday, Taiwan’s Mainland Affairs Council called on Beijing to “face up to historical mistakes and apologize as soon as possible for the crackdown.”
“In the past 30 years, Beijing lacked the courage to calmly reflect on the historical significance of the June 4th Incident,” the council’s statement said. “Rather, they blocked the information and distorted the truth about it and tried to conceal the crime.”
Read more HERE
- The Athens Food Guide: Where no tourist has ever gone beforeVassilis Kallidis is a chef, a restaurant owner, a book author and a cooking tv show but above all he is a foodie and a passionate traveler. The post The Athens Food Guide: Where no tourist has ever gone before appeared first on www.olivemagazine.gr.
- Dill and fish roe mini piesThese golden and crispy easy-to-make-easy-to-taste mini pies make an excellent appetizer! They are called "malathropites" and they are traditionally made in the island of Chios. The post Dill and fish roe mini pies appeared first on www.olivemagazine.gr.
- Chicken, chervil and blue cheese pastaMake the best of any leftover chicken and prepare it easily and fast. This is a truly delicious dish you can treat your loved ones as well as guests with. The post Chicken, chervil and blue cheese pasta appeared first on www.olivemagazine.gr.
- Watermelon margaritasWhen your day isn’t going your way, make some margaritas! They are refreshing and easy to make! The quality of the watermelon makes a huge difference so hunt down a good one... The post Watermelon margaritas appeared first on www.olivemagazine.gr.
- Lamb and eggplant kebabsA simple, delicious recipe featuring Middle Eastern flavors. Cut meat, eggplant and bread in same sized cubes, to cook at the same time. The post Lamb and eggplant kebabs appeared first on www.olivemagazine.gr.
Will Turkey go against the US...again? Read more →
He said it was a "mistake and an error" to see Epstein when he left prison in 2010 Read more →