×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Wednesday
20
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 23°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

McGregor and Khabib teammates’s fight cancelled after UFC 229 post-match brawl

McGregor’s teammate Artem Lobov, who wasn’t involved in the melee, will now face a new opponent instead

Newsroom October 11 07:18

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

A bout between the team members of Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor, which was scheduled for October 27, has been called off, according to a report by Russian news agency TASS.

Nurmagodov team member, Zuybara Tukhugov, who was involved in the post-fight brawl in Las Vegas last Saturday, has been removed from the upcoming UFC card according to Lobov’s management, as cited by TASS.

McGregor’s teammate Artem Lobov, who wasn’t involved in the melee, will now face a new opponent instead.

“The fight is cancelled due to the riots at UFC 229. Artem will get a new opponent,” said a member of the team’s management.

>Related articles

Conor McGregor says he will run for President of Ireland: “Time for real change”

Connor McGregor guilty of rape – Will pay $248,000 in restitution

Strickland beats UFC champion Adesanya in a major upset at UFC 293

Following the incident, UFC President Dana White said at the press conference that the athletes with UFC contracts who were involved in the brawl will never fight in the UFC again.

Although there was no official announcement regarding Tukhugov since then, the pair are still mentioned as the co-main event fight of the UFC Volkan v Smith event on the organization’s website.

read more at rt.com

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#conor mcgregor#MMA#Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov#UFC
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Trump on Iran: Either we’ll finish it or they will sign an agreement

May 20, 2026

Dendias: Ukraine owes a big apology for the drone, I am not among those who have believed the narrative of “calm waters”

May 20, 2026

“Life of Byron”opens at the Greek Center next week

May 20, 2026

Speech by Mitsotakis at the event on public transport in Athens

May 20, 2026

The real estate market: How much the boundless, ultra-luxurious blue of the Aegean and Ionian costs

May 20, 2026

4-day work: The country that increased its GDP by 4.1% without reducing wages and productive hours

May 20, 2026

Israel considers closing its consulate in Constantinople

May 20, 2026

Foreign Ministry Spokesman: The “Blue Homeland” is an unsubstantiated doctrine, the legal status in the Aegean is clear

May 20, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα