×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
20
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 33°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

US & Russian astronauts stuck waiting in space after spacecraft suffered damage

NASA is not considering the move-up in the MS-23 Soyuz launch a rescue mission

Newsroom January 12 12:46

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

NASA astronaut Frank Rubio and Russian cosmonauts Sergey Prokopyev and Dmitri Petelin are faced with extending their stay aboard the International Space Station by several months and will require a new ride home after their Russian MS-22 Soyuz spacecraft sprang a leak last month.

The trio was supposed to use that spacecraft to return to Earth in March. Wednesday, NASA and Russian space officials unveiled a plan to launch an empty Soyuz capsule to the ISS to ferry them back instead. That means the three men will spend several more months at the ISS.

See Also:

>Related articles

Israeli Defense Minister attacks Erdogan: “You are dragging Turkey into dangerous adventures; don’t test us”

Trump threatens Iran with the toughest sanctions operation yet: “Economic D-Day”

Trump says he will meet Kim Jong Un this Year & reveals that North Korea has “57 nuclear weapons”

Police visit 1,000 homes of people watching online streams in piracy crackdown

During a briefing with reporters, NASA’s Joel Montalbano, manager of the International Space Station program, said that NASA is not considering the move-up in the MS-23 Soyuz launch a rescue mission. “We’re not calling it a rescue Soyuz,” said Montalbano. “Right now, the crew is safe onboard the space station.”

Read more: yahoo

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#astronauts#nasa#russia#science#space#technology#usa#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

A 14.8% jump in tourism receipts to €8.8 billion in first half of 2026, Bank of Greece data shows

August 20, 2026

Hatzivasiliou: Turkish maritime parks are illegal; it is not easy to strike a target inside Greece

August 20, 2026

A two-tier ferry industry: Three major players invest while 30 smaller companies fall behind in fleet renewal

August 20, 2026

Non-state universities: What changes after the Council of State ruling, what happens to students, and what about the seven new institutions?

August 20, 2026

Temperatures on the rise from today, reaching 38°C: What the weather will look like this weekend

August 20, 2026

Israeli Defense Minister attacks Erdogan: “You are dragging Turkey into dangerous adventures; don’t test us”

August 20, 2026

The 14 measures signaling what’s coming for the property market at the Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF): From cheaper loans to incentives for owners

August 20, 2026

Athens on alert after Ankara’s new provocations: Maritime parks, dispute over renewables and Turkey’s next move

August 20, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα