×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Saturday
22
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 26°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Greece

Daily Mail: The Laimou family takes legal action over the death of 30-year-old Marissa – They accuse doctors in London of negligence

"No one examines me, no one comes," wrote Marissa Laimou to a friend from the hospital where she was taken at noon on September 10

Newsroom September 19 09:04

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

According to the Daily Mail, the Laimou family is taking legal action over the death of 30-year-old Marissa, daughter of Diamantis and Bessy Laimou, accusing doctors at two London hospitals of “negligence.” She passed away on September 11 at her apartment in the British capital after having been examined there.

“Of course they will sue them. This is 100% negligence. Marissa was lost because of them. It wouldn’t have been difficult to keep her for one night. They could have monitored her, given her antibiotics, they would have saved her. She went to the right place for treatment. They should never have let her leave,” a family relative told the British newspaper.

According to the report, the 30-year-old had sent a message to a friend from the London hospital where she was taken, writing: “No one is coming to see me, no one cares.”

As the Daily Mail describes, Marissa Laimou began feeling unwell on September 9 after returning from a family holiday in Porto Heli. The report says she experienced dizziness, itching, high fever, and other infection symptoms, which worsened during the night.

The family says Marissa called an ambulance and a doctor recorded a high fever of 39°C, but she decided to remain at home, saying she would seek further medical help if she didn’t feel better the next day.

Since her condition did not improve, on the morning of September 10 Marissa went to Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC), where she felt “very safe” as she had previously undergone chemotherapy there.

According to the Daily Mail, doctors there ran blood tests, administered intravenous antibiotics and antihistamines, but given the seriousness of her condition, they decided to call an ambulance to transfer her to University College London Hospital (UCLH). There, according to the report, she was examined by nurses rather than doctors, who concluded that the 30-year-old did not need to be admitted.

“Marissa went there and was examined by a nurse. They did blood tests again and gave her fluids. She was just waiting there. She went in at 2:30 p.m., and around 3 p.m. they did the blood tests. She waited and sent messages to a friend saying: ‘No one is examining me, no one is coming, I don’t know where they are, I still have itching, I feel dizzy, I don’t feel well.’” a family friend told the British newspaper.

According to the family, Marissa Laimou was discharged at 6:30 p.m. on September 10 after being given antibiotics to take home, even though she still felt very unwell and was unable to eat anything.

>Related articles

Prince Harry, Elton John and others ordered to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million by August 28 after losing privacy battle

“Scorching” final week of August: Temperatures will exceed 40°C in places — where the heat will be most intense

Plevris in Rhodes: “We are providing tangible support to the islands that have borne the brunt of migration”

After returning to her apartment, Marissa went to sleep and never woke up, with the family’s housekeeper finding her in bed the morning of September 11.

The family claims, reports the Daily Mail, that they have seen the doctors’ official diagnosis, which cited a “toxic effect of poison” caused by an “animal or insect bite.”

“It’s negligence. No doctor ever examined Marissa. Only nurses saw her, they ran the blood tests and gave them to the doctor, who said she could be discharged, that was it. Marissa’s mother, Bessy, believes her daughter died because of them. They should not have let her go home, absolutely not. If it hadn’t been so urgent, her oncologist wouldn’t have sent her by ambulance—they would have told her to take an Uber or come later. It was urgent. They didn’t treat it with the seriousness it deserved,” concluded a family friend speaking to the British newspaper.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#daily mail#greece#lawsuit#Marissa Laimou#tycoon#UK
> More Greece

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Petrounias claims rings bronze to reach 11 European medals

August 21, 2026

Madonna enchanted by Patmos: “I truly felt the presence of God”, see photos

August 21, 2026

Former Abercrombie & Fitch chief executive ruled fit for trial despite Alzheimer’s claims

August 21, 2026

Passengers save bus carrying 50 people in Sweden after driver loses consciousness (video)

August 21, 2026

Global trend for online fame puts lives at risk across Greece

August 21, 2026

Israeli PM Netanyahu brands Turkish President Erdogan ‘antisemitic dictator’ after Interpol arrest warrant

August 21, 2026

Fire on Lemnos prompts evacuation of two villages as 59 residents rescued by sea

August 21, 2026

Prince Harry, Elton John and others ordered to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million by August 28 after losing privacy battle

August 21, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα