×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
17
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 23°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Trump rejects Iranian proposal: “We will not lift naval blockade without a nuclear deal”

The U.S. President believes the naval blockade is a more effective form of pressure compared to military strikes

Newsroom April 29 07:44

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the United States will maintain the naval blockade on Iran until an agreement is reached on its nuclear program, in statements made to Israeli television network Channel 12.

>Related articles

Iranian general threatens Washington over Strait of Hormuz claim, offers 30k reward per US soldier

Athens responds to Turkey’s provocation over marine parks in the Aegean: They are illegal and create no fait accompli

Why the 5,000 sailors aboard the aircraft carrier “Lincoln” have reached their limits: Nine months at sea, exhaustion, and suicidal tendencies

Trump argued that the U.S. will not lift restrictive measures against Tehran, stating that the naval blockade is a more effective means of pressure than military strikes. “It is more effective than bombing,” he said, adding that Iran’s economy is “suffocating.”

He further claimed that Tehran is urgently seeking a deal in order to have the blockade lifted, while warning of serious consequences for the country’s energy sector. According to him, Iran’s energy infrastructure could “collapse soon” if it is unable to export oil.

According to the Israeli network, the U.S. President’s remarks amount to a rejection of an Iranian proposal delivered earlier this week, which reportedly included reopening the Strait of Hormuz and lifting the naval blockade first, postponing nuclear talks to a later stage.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#diplomacy#iran#politics#US#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

America’s ‘Orthobros’ are driving a surge in Orthodox conversions

August 17, 2026

Iranian general threatens Washington over Strait of Hormuz claim, offers 30k reward per US soldier

August 17, 2026

Weather: Meltemi winds ease, temperatures rise, where there is a high fire risk

August 17, 2026

Fields first, homes next: The major property checks begin — what changes with the new registry

August 17, 2026

Athens responds to Turkey’s provocation over marine parks in the Aegean: They are illegal and create no fait accompli

August 16, 2026

Tragedy with the fires in Salamina: Elderly couple dead, eight people suffer burns, homes destroyed

August 16, 2026

Strong winds continue; a red alert for wildfires is in effect in 7 regions

August 16, 2026

“The difficulties are still ahead of us,” EODY says about West Nile Virus – When this year’s outbreak is expected to peak

August 16, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα