×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
20
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 32°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

ABC cancels “Roseanne” after Barr’s racist tweet

Star apologised before her sacking

Newsroom May 29 09:07

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

ABC has canceled “Roseanne” after Roseanne Barr’s racially charged tweet about Valerie Jarrett Monday morning.
“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement to TheWrap on Tuesday.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr said earlier on Tuesday in response to a Twitter thread about Jarrett, a former adviser to Barack Obama.
Barr apologized before ABC’s statement on Tuesday, saying that her statement suggesting that former Barack Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett is a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and the “Planet of the Apes” was a “joke” that was “in bad taste.
“I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” Barr said. “I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.”
The “Roseanne” star’s tweet caused swift backlash on Twitter, and consulting producer Wanda Sykes said she would not be returning to the sitcom on Tuesday morning. Executive producer and co-star Sara Gilbert said that Barr’s comments are “abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show.”

read more at yahoo.com

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#ABC#racist#Roseanne Barr#tweet
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

“The sovereignty regime in the Aegean is absolutely clear”: Athens gives a stern response to Ankara’s challenge over the spatial planning framework for renewable energy sources

August 20, 2026

Oil prices soar after Trump’s threats against Iran over an “Economic D-Day” – Brent approaches $94

August 20, 2026

Britain: Leaflet with…rules of good behavior teaches illegal immigrants not to abuse women, “sex without consent is rape”

August 20, 2026

Theo James passes on James Bond role: “I’m too old”

August 20, 2026

Cyprus leaves Russian weapons behind and turns to the West: The National Guard’s major modernization plan

August 20, 2026

Greece braces for extended August heatwave as temperatures set to reach 41C

August 20, 2026

Boat carrying 60 illegal immigrants arrives at a busy beach in Spain, causing panic among beachgoers (videos)

August 20, 2026

Prices to drop at Greek supermarkets from August 31

August 20, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα