×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
21
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 20°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

France prison convoy attack: Inmate on the run after guards killed in ambush (videos-photos)

The escaped convict identified as Mohamed aka "The Fly" managed to flee the scene along with the attackers after targeting the convoy

Newsroom May 14 05:05

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Armed assailants orchestrated an audacious attack on a prison convoy in France, leading to the escape of a convict known as “The Fly.” This incident unfolded on a motorway in Incarville, northwest France, around 9 am local time, resulting in the tragic death of two prison officers, while three others sustained severe injuries. The Minister of Justice, Eric Dupond-Moretti, revealed that one of the slain officers had a partner who was five months pregnant, and the other left behind a wife and two children. Additionally, two of the injured officers are reported to be in critical condition.

BREAKING: Special forces deployed after armed attack on prison convoy on A154 motorway in northwest France’s Eure, which left two officers dead and three others seriously injured, French justice minister says#France #Shooting #ArmedAttack #NorthwestFrance #Eure pic.twitter.com/JlR68sjnpk

— Europe Cognizant (@EuropeCognizant) May 14, 2024

The seriousness of the situation is underscored by footage captured during the attack, showing two hooded assailants armed with guns patrolling near a tollbooth on the A154 motorway. Another video depicts the aftermath of a collision involving a van from the prison convoy and a black vehicle, further highlighting the chaos and violence that ensued.

BREAKING: Special forces deployed after armed attack on prison convoy on A154 motorway in northwest France’s Eure, which left two officers dead and three others seriously injured, French justice minister says#France #Shooting #ArmedAttack #NorthwestFrance #Eure pic.twitter.com/JlR68sjnpk

— Europe Cognizant (@EuropeCognizant) May 14, 2024

The escaped convict, identified as Mohamed and dubbed “The Fly,” managed to flee the scene along with the attackers after targeting the convoy with two vehicles. Mohamed, previously convicted of burglary theft, is believed to have connections to Marseille’s notorious “Blacks” gang and was allegedly involved in ordering a murder in the city.

See Also:

Cyprus responds to Nasrallah’s statements: The migration issue concerns us, but it is primarily a European problem

??? ALERTE : Voici les premières images des assaillants qui ont permis l’évasion dans l’#Eure de Mohamed A, surnommé “La Mouche”, connu pour vol avec effraction et tentative d’homicide et qui serait à la tête d’un réseau de stupéfiants. (Le Parisien ) pic.twitter.com/T2D0AY6SGj pic.twitter.com/4CiamHIGjW

— میری ادھوری کہانی (@Ranikhan2262) May 14, 2024

>Related articles

What does it mean that the Patriarch of Constantinople is “Ecumenical”?

From Vinyl to Streaming: The playlist generations without a “musical identity”

Archbishop Simeon: We are confident that Egypt is making every effort to ensure that Mount Sinai continues its eternal course unhindered

Mohamed’s attempted escape occurred while he was being transported back to prison in Evreux after appearing before a judge in Rouen earlier that day for attempted homicide. Sources from the prison revealed that Mohamed had attempted to saw the bars off his cell just two days prior, prompting authorities to place him in solitary confinement and increase surveillance.

In response to this brazen attack, France’s Interior Minister, Gerald Darmanin, announced the mobilization of several hundred police officers to track down the perpetrators. While one of the vehicles used in the attack was found burnt-out, its exact location remains undisclosed. President Emmanuel Macron condemned the attack as a shocking and reprehensible act, pledging to ensure that justice is served for the victims and their families. Macron expressed solidarity with those affected by the tragedy, reaffirming France’s unwavering commitment to upholding the rule of law and ensuring the safety of its citizens.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#France#Prison Break#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

What does it mean that the Patriarch of Constantinople is “Ecumenical”?

May 21, 2026

From Vinyl to Streaming: The playlist generations without a “musical identity”

May 21, 2026

Mitsotakis at the Palace of the Despots in Mystras: Culture is a chain of our national strength

May 21, 2026

Archbishop Simeon: We are confident that Egypt is making every effort to ensure that Mount Sinai continues its eternal course unhindered

May 21, 2026

The Kremlin is open to dialogue with the Europeans on the war in Ukraine

May 21, 2026

Alexandros Giotopoulos, the leader of the 17 November organization who had been sentenced to life imprisonment, was released after 24 years in prison

May 21, 2026

Henry Nowak: Student killed in knife attack as two-tier policing questions grow in murder trial

May 21, 2026

Rubio: US-Iran deal is “unfeasible” if tolls are imposed on the Strait of Hormuz

May 21, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα