Every Saturday and every Sunday, the Acropolis Museum welcomes visitors to its Virtual Reality Theater where visitors have the opportunity to learn more about the Acropolis monuments from brief 3D video screenings. The ten-minute film “Acropolis in Antiquity” presents the topography and the monuments of the Rock of the Acropolis during the prehistoric, the Archaic and the classical period. The film aims to help visitors recreate and imagine the impressive sanctuary with the aid of 3D models.
Projections are held every Saturday and Sunday, at 11:00 a.m. in English and at 12 noon in Greek (1 euro special admission fee). For group reservations (more than 10 persons) a telephone booking is required on +30 210 9000903. Bookings can be made Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m..
– The film “Acropolis in Antiquity” is recommended for viewers over 13 years of age.
– The special restaurant ticket does not enable entry into the Virtual Reality Theater.
– Screenings start on time.
– Visitors are kindly asked to arrive at the Museum foyer at least 10 minutes prior to the programmed screening time.
Virtual Reality Theater
– The Virtual Reality Theater seats a maximum of 40 persons.
– Teachers accompanying children during school visits are kindly requested to ensure that students are supervised.
– Prior to entering the Virtual Reality Theater, all backpacks and hand luggage must be deposited at the Museum Cloakroom, which is located on the ground floor of the Museum.
– The taking of photographs or video and the use of mobile phones is not permitted during screenings.
The Acropolis Museum is located at D. Areopagitou Street, at the foot of the Acropolis.