Located in the region of Karditsa in Thessaly, Lake Plastira is an artificial lake. The water mass is fed by Tavropos River. The lake, which holds 400 million cubic metres of fresh water, was allegedly conceived by General Nikos Plastiras in 1952. It is mainly used for water irrigation and as a power source. After the recent cold spell of weather the water turned into a frozen lake. Aerial footage shot by Thomas Vasiliou shows the beauty of the lake from above.