×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Sunday
22
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 11°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Trump proposes extra $1.6 billion for NASA’s 2024 return to Moon

But higher cash infusions will be needed in the future

Newsroom May 29 11:58

NASA’s push to put humans on the moon in 2024 may get a financial boost next year.

A new budget amendment gives NASA an additional $1.6 billion in fiscal year 2020, on top of the $21 billion already allocated to the space agency, President Donald Trump announced today (May 13).

“Under my Administration, we are restoring @NASA to greatness and we are going back to the moon, then Mars. I am updating my budget to include an additional $1.6 billion so that we can return to space in a BIG WAY!” Trump said via Twitter this afternoon.

>Related articles

Critical Hours in the Middle East: Why an attack on Iran is far riskier than the arrest of Maduro

Earthquake at Buckingham: Charles was warned since 2019 about Prince Andrew’s “secret deals”

Trump raised the new tariffs to 15% on all imports from all countries

The amendment is a proposal for now, however; NASA won’t get the money until Congress, which has the power of the purse, officially signs off.

The extra $1.6 billion is designed to help NASA put astronauts down near the lunar south pole in 2024, an ambitious goal that Vice President Mike Pence laid out in March. (Prior to Pence’s announcement, the agency had been working toward a late-2020s crewed lunar landing.) This pioneering mission will help lead to a long-term, sustainable human presence on the moon, NASA officials have said.

Read more HERE

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#astronauts#budget#moon#nasa#space#US President Donald Trump#usa#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Marc poll for Proto Thema: ND at 31.4% in vote estimate, Mitsotakis “playing solo” on suitability for Prime Minister

February 22, 2026

Critical Hours in the Middle East: Why an attack on Iran is far riskier than the arrest of Maduro

February 22, 2026

Earthquake at Buckingham: Charles was warned since 2019 about Prince Andrew’s “secret deals”

February 22, 2026

Marc poll for “Proto Thema”: ND at 31.4%, Mitsotakis “playing” without a rival

February 22, 2026

Kyriakos Mitsotakis: Hydrocarbon exploration guarantees security against those who challenge our sovereign rights

February 22, 2026

Water scarcity: Better news for Lake Mornos after the rains – “We must not become complacent,” experts say

February 22, 2026

Military service is changing: Everyone in the Army, 10 weeks of basic training, €100 allowance in border areas

February 22, 2026

Trump raised the new tariffs to 15% on all imports from all countries

February 21, 2026
All News

> World

Critical Hours in the Middle East: Why an attack on Iran is far riskier than the arrest of Maduro

Trump had in mind a copy-paste operation like the one in Venezuela; however, in Iran the situation is very different. Tehran has ways to retaliate, possesses regional partners ready to strike, the regime is deeply entrenched, and it knows how to play the economic damage card effectively

February 22, 2026

Earthquake at Buckingham: Charles was warned since 2019 about Prince Andrew’s “secret deals”

February 22, 2026

Trump raised the new tariffs to 15% on all imports from all countries

February 21, 2026

Venezuela: Amnesty granted to 379 political prisoners

February 21, 2026

Nigeria: Gunmen killed at least 50 people, kidnapped women and children

February 21, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα