×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
19
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 12°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Ukraine shot down 54 incoming Russian missiles, the army said

The Russian air defence shot down "an unidentified object" near Saratov, the Russian army said

Newsroom December 29 01:38

Ukraine’s air defence shot down 54 out of 69 missiles launched by Russia in a new wave of attacks on Thursday morning, the Ukrainian army said.
“According to preliminary data, 69 missiles were launched in total. Fifty four enemy cruise missiles were shot down,” Ukraine’s commander-in-chief General Valeriy Zaluzhny said. Presidential aide Mykhaylo Podolyak said earlier in the day that more than 120 missiles had been fired.

 

All 16 (100%) of the cruise missiles fired at Kyiv ?? were shot down

21 cruise missiles were shot down by Ukrainian Air Defenses over Odesa

5 cruise missiles were shot down over Mykolaiv and the Black Sea pic.twitter.com/RY6cZXsjfC

— Ukraine News ?? (@Ukrainene) December 29, 2022

“This morning, the aggressor launched air and sea-based cruise missiles, remotely-guided anti-aircraft missiles and S-300 ADMS against energy infrastructure facilities in our country,” Ukrainian Armed Forces chief General Valeriy Zaluzhny wrote on the Telegram app.

The mayor of Kyiv, Vitali Klitschko, said that the electricity supply has been interrupted today at noon in almost half of the Ukrainian capital.

>Related articles

Russia offers a $12 trillion package to the US in exchange for the lifting of sanctions

Medvedev: Zelensky is a useful idiot, as long as he stays in power, Ukraine is shrinking

Unacceptable oil embargo on Cuba by the U.S., says Putin

“40% of the capital’s consumers are without electricity after the Russian attack,” Klitschko wrote on the Telegram app. He said that the water supply and heating are working smoothly in the capital, except for the apartment buildings that do not have electricity and their burners work with electricity.

Meanwhile, Russian air defense shot down “an unidentified object” near Saratov, 500 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, the regional governor announced, three days after a drone attack attributed to Ukraine that killed three people at an air base in the area.

“An anti-aircraft defence system has been activated on the territory of the Engels district. An unidentified object was destroyed (…) The safety of the residents is not threatened”, Governor Roman Busargin announced via Telegram. Engels Air Force Base, which is in that zone, was hit by a drone attack on Monday, the second such attack since December.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#attacks#missiles#russia#Ukraine war
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

February 19, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

February 19, 2026

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026

“My uncle and cousin brought the winery to zero, I will request a management audit,” says Apostolos Spyropoulos

February 19, 2026

Cyprus: Police uncover safe house with 220 kg of cocaine and cannabis, seize weapons and explosives worth over €7 million

February 19, 2026

What the peoples are proud of: Greeks proud of history, Italians proud of culture and Turks proud of their patriotism

February 19, 2026
All News

> World

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

Remained in custody for 12 hours - No information from police on what will happen next

February 19, 2026

“I love him, leave him alone, don’t call him a racist”: An African-American woman defended Trump and praised him at the White House

February 19, 2026

Peace Council underway: Possible deal with Iran in 10 days, says Trump (video)

February 19, 2026

Russia offers a $12 trillion package to the US in exchange for the lifting of sanctions

February 19, 2026

Medvedev: Zelensky is a useful idiot, as long as he stays in power, Ukraine is shrinking

February 19, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα