×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
19
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 12°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

UK: Teen dead after stabbing attack

An eyewitness said he heard the boy say "don't let me die" as he lay injured on the ground

Newsroom September 23 03:30

The Metropolitan Police reported that the boy was found injured after officers received a call about disturbances on a residential street in Woolwich around 6:35 p.m. yesterday. The boy later died. An eyewitness stated that he heard the boy say, “Don’t let me die,” while he was lying injured on the ground.

No further details about the incident have been released, but the young man’s death comes amid growing concerns about the number of knife crimes and young people carrying knives.

>Related articles

UK government plan to wipe court records on grooming gangs sparks outrage over “justice blackout”

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

Conflict in Britain between Starmer and the owner of Manchester United: “We’ve become a colony of immigrants”, “make a public apology”

In total, 50,510 knife-related crimes were recorded by police in England and Wales in the 12 months leading up to March, a 4% increase from the previous year.

Starting tomorrow, it will be illegal to carry a “zombie” knife or machete, with an amnesty and compensation offered for those who surrender them. The ban applies to knives with blades longer than 20 centimeters and those with serrated edges, which are often used by gangs.

Earlier this month, Prime Minister Keir Starmer launched an initiative to prevent young people from getting involved in knife crimes, which he described as a national crisis.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#stabbing#UK
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

February 19, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

February 19, 2026

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026

“My uncle and cousin brought the winery to zero, I will request a management audit,” says Apostolos Spyropoulos

February 19, 2026

Cyprus: Police uncover safe house with 220 kg of cocaine and cannabis, seize weapons and explosives worth over €7 million

February 19, 2026

What the peoples are proud of: Greeks proud of history, Italians proud of culture and Turks proud of their patriotism

February 19, 2026
All News

> Greece

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

A mine discovered by a fishing boat owner was moved just outside the port and safely detonated in a controlled explosion

February 19, 2026

“My uncle and cousin brought the winery to zero, I will request a management audit,” says Apostolos Spyropoulos

February 19, 2026

Cyprus: Police uncover safe house with 220 kg of cocaine and cannabis, seize weapons and explosives worth over €7 million

February 19, 2026

Up to 200 euros a day for extras in Brad Pitt’s film in Hydra: An old hydrofoil is recruited for the filming

February 19, 2026

Brad Pitt arrived in Hydra for film shooting, see photos of the sets that have been set up on the island

February 19, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα