×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Wednesday
19
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 27°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

France: Outrage over the murder of 19-year-old Philippine by Moroccan who should have been deported

The girl was found half-buried in the ground in the Boulogne forest - The authorities failed to deport the main suspect who was convicted of rape in the past

Newsroom September 25 04:43

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Rage prevails in France over the brutal murder of a 19-year-old student, Philippine Le Noir de Carlan, whose body was found on Saturday, less than 24 hours after her disappearance, half-buried in the forest of Boulogne.

The judicial and administrative handling of the 22-year-old, who was arrested as a suspect, has provoked strong political reactions from across the political spectrum.

The 19-year-old, who was studying at Paris-Dauphine University, was found dead Saturday in a forest in western Paris during a search organized to locate her after her sister reported her missing at 11 p.m. Friday night.



philippine-12
The 19-year-old Philippine

Philippine, who was in her third year of study in the Economics and Financial department, was last seen on Friday, September 20, after lunch at Crous’ restaurant near Bois de Boulogne at around 2pm. She was planning to visit her parents’ home in Montigny-le-Bretonneux.

Police conducted an autopsy on her body, but the final results will require further tests and expertise.

The suspect, a 22-year-old man born in Morocco, was arrested Tuesday in Geneva, the Paris prosecutor’s office announced. French authorities are proceeding with an extradition request to Swiss authorities for him to return to France and stand trial.

The suspect was in “irregular status” in France, according to authorities, and was convicted in 2021 for a rape he committed in 2019 when he was still a minor. He was released from prison in June 2024 after serving a five-year sentence, and had been under mandatory deportation from France since then.

>Related articles

Trump says he will meet Kim Jong Un this Year & reveals that North Korea has “57 nuclear weapons”

Ukrainian man arrested in Croatia over Nord Stream pipeline sabotage

“You made the murderers ministers & MPs”: Tasos Isaak’s daughter responds to former Turkish Cypriot MP who apologized

According to sources close to the case reported by Liberation, the suspect, after his release, had been transferred to an administrative detention center in Metz, as he did not have an identity card confirming his nationality. Despite French efforts to have him deported, Morocco did not respond to France’s requests for travel documents. The suspect was placed under house arrest and was required to report regularly to the police station, which he did not do, resulting in him being placed on the wanted list on the eve of Philippine’s death.

The case sparked a backlash from political leaders who blamed the criminal and administrative system for delaying the suspect’s deportation.

The new interior minister, Bruno Retaigot, expressed his desire to change the legal framework to protect French citizens, stressing that “if the rules have to change, let’s change them.”

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#deportation#France#illegal immigration#islam#marocco#muslims#population replacement#rape#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Trump says he will meet Kim Jong Un this Year & reveals that North Korea has “57 nuclear weapons”

August 19, 2026

Ukrainian man arrested in Croatia over Nord Stream pipeline sabotage

August 19, 2026

“You made the murderers ministers & MPs”: Tasos Isaak’s daughter responds to former Turkish Cypriot MP who apologized

August 19, 2026

New provocation by Turkey: Challenges Greece’s spatial planning framework for renewable energy sources

August 19, 2026

What is the sea smoke phenomenon that “erased” beaches & islands? Eerie images from the Cyclades (videos-photos)

August 19, 2026

Voices from within call for elections in Ukraine as scandals erode support for Zelensky

August 19, 2026

Kanter Revelation: I’ve spoken with former NBAers & players from Europe who want to join the WNBA as women

August 19, 2026

Abu Dhabi cuts economic ties with Iran, with Fujairah’s maritime gateway at the epicenter

August 19, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα