×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Wednesday
20
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 19°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Double attack by the Houthis in the Red Sea – They hit two ships, one of Greek interests

This is the Minoan Courage of Greek interests - No injuries have been reported

Newsroom October 1 06:02

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

British authorities and naval intelligence sources have reported two incidents that are likely to be the first attacks by the Houthis against merchant ships in the Red Sea in a month.

A separate attack on another ship was reported at 04:15 (local time), 97 miles northwest of Hodeidah.

The UKMTO ( Britain’s Maritime Merchant Shipping Organisation) said a ship was hit by a missile as it was sailing north and suffered “severe damage” from a drone. The vessel in question was the Minoan Courage (76,800-dwt, built in 2004 with a Liberian flag) of Greek interests. The managing company is Modion Maritime, based in Athens.

No injuries have been reported so far.

Shortly afterward, another drone punctured a ballast tank of an unidentified ship sailing northwest of the Hodeidah port of Yemen, which is controlled by the Houthis, the U.K.’s Maritime Trade Operations agency said Tuesday.

>Related articles

Dendias: Ukraine owes a big apology for the drone, I am not among those who have believed the narrative of “calm waters”

More than 100 drones on standby for wildfire season across Greece

The mysteries behind the handwritten notes found in the USV in Lefkada: Under examination by a Special Armed Forces Unit

According to the UKMTO, the damaged part of the ship is the port ballast tank No. 6.

Some shipping sources identify the ship as the 163,300-dwt Cordelia Moon (built in 2006) – a loaded suezmax en route from Novorossiysk, Russia to Sika, India.

The ship reported no injuries and at 08:37 GMT was said to be proceeding to its next port.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#attack#drone#greek#Houthis#Red Sea#ship
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Thyranoixia of the Saint Tychon Parish in Luleå, Sweden

May 20, 2026

Tehran considers a new US proposal after the visit of the Pakistani mediator

May 20, 2026

Eurostat: Inflation in Greece confirmed at 4.6% in April

May 20, 2026

Trump on Iran: Either we’ll finish it or they will sign an agreement

May 20, 2026

Dendias: Ukraine owes a big apology for the drone, I am not among those who have believed the narrative of “calm waters”

May 20, 2026

“Life of Byron”opens at the Greek Center next week

May 20, 2026

Speech by Mitsotakis at the event on public transport in Athens

May 20, 2026

The real estate market: How much the boundless, ultra-luxurious blue of the Aegean and Ionian costs

May 20, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα