×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
19
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Greece

Vasilis Kalogiros’ parents talk on son’s kidnapping and murder

They declared a civil action although there is no charge in the death of the 39-year-old psychologist

Newsroom February 24 10:31

A statement in support of the charge against all those responsible for the kidnapping and murder of 39-year-old Vasilis Kalogiros was filed by his family’s attorney on behalf of the deceased’s father.

>Related articles

The contract-killing scenario behind the murder of the life-sentence inmate executed at Domokos Prison, and the gaps in the “rescue” of the chief guard

New questions about Epstein’s death: Coroner speaks of “possible strangulation” and calls for a review

Horror in a basement in Thessaloniki: He strangled 46-year-old Maria and threw her in the trash, hid the body of 43-year-old Vicky

According to the statement issued by the law firm of Ath. Sanidas “The order we have received is intended to assist the justice system, especially in the investigation and, ultimately, in the judgment regarding the circumstances and the perpetrators of his murder.” Essentially, with this move, the family is insisting on the murder scenario, even though an investigation is still underway into the causes that led to the 39-year-old’s death and the data so far removes the murder version.

The statement from the law firm called on journalists “to refrain from making judgments and conclusions about his (Vasilis Kalogiros’) personal characteristics, given that the investigation is ongoing and, in any case, they are not connected to the criminal actions against him.”
The statement concludes: “Such conclusions and judgments do not serve either the investigation or the essential information and are likely to create false impressions regarding facts before they are confirmed so that they can only do a positive service to information and investigation. The investigation and the final judgment belong exclusively to the organs of justice.”

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#kidnapping#murder#Vasilis Kalogiros
> More Greece

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

What funding are Kapodistrias, Broken Vein, The Great Chimera, Rififi receiving – The funds for foreign films

February 19, 2026

The owner of “Violanda” in Trikala prison: the crucial questions about the propane leak and the “line” of the apology

February 19, 2026

“Ark of the World”: Father Antonios and four other defendants guilty of physical abuse of children

February 19, 2026

The battle of LNG: How we came to the Motor Oil – DESFA rift over the FSRU in Corinth

February 19, 2026

The breathtaking road that seems to float on water— A gateway to the “Polynesia of Greece”

February 19, 2026

Unacceptable oil embargo on Cuba by the U.S., says Putin

February 18, 2026

Owner of Violanta, Konstantinos Tziortziotis, remanded in custody after five-hour testimony

February 18, 2026

Hoxha’s secret naval base inside a mountain in Albania, the clash with the Russians, and the theft of the submarines

February 18, 2026
All News

> World

Unacceptable oil embargo on Cuba by the U.S., says Putin

The supply of oil to the largest Caribbean island, with a population of nearly 11 million, has dropped dramatically over the past two months

February 18, 2026

Hoxha’s secret naval base inside a mountain in Albania, the clash with the Russians, and the theft of the submarines

February 18, 2026

Bulgaria holds early parliamentary elections on 19 April, eighth in five years

February 18, 2026

Washington moves closer to declaring war on Iran, even immediately: “Trump’s patience is running out”

February 18, 2026

At least 38 killed in mine explosion in Nigeria

February 18, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα