×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
20
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Prince Harry’s life is in danger, his lawyer warned – “Al-Qaeda called for his assassination”

Changing the status of his protection - 40-year-old Prince Harry appealed to the courts in 2021 challenging this decision

Newsroom April 9 10:35

The lawyer for Prince Harry warned that his “life is in danger” because of changes to his security after he stepped down from royal duties, as the prince returned to the London Court of Appeal courtroom today for the hearing of his appeal over changes to his protection status in Britain.

Wearing a dark suit and striped tie, Harry, the youngest son of King Charles, who only rarely visits the British capital anymore, appeared before the court again seeking to overturn a decision by the Home Office, which is responsible for policing, which ruled in 2020 that he would not automatically receive personal security while in Britain.

“No one should forget the human dimension in this case: a man is sitting behind me whose safety and whose life are at risk,” his lawyer Shahid Fatima told the court as Harry watched her plea.

Al Qaeda called for Harry’s murder

She had said in court documents released yesterday that Al Qaeda had recently called for Harry’s murder and that he and his wife, Meghan, were involved in a “dangerous paparazzi chase in New York City” in 2023.

Harry and his wife, Meghan, moved to the US after abdicating their royal duties in 2020. They then lost the systematic police protection as provided for active members of the royal family, paid for by British taxpayers, with the Home Office choosing protection on an as-needed basis.

Harry, now 40, appealed to the courts in 2021, challenging that decision. After his claim was rejected at first instance last year, he appealed.

Earlier, Home Office lawyer James Indy defended the “case-by-case” approach adopted by the British authorities, arguing that this approach was “better suited” to the prince’s case.

>Related articles

Prince Harry regains his personal security in the UK, paving the way for a visit with his family

Two “Antifa” organizations from Greece & two from Italy & Germany will be designated as terrorist groups by the US, similar to ISIS & Al-Qaeda

Accident for Princess Diana’s sister – Injured after a fall from a horse

Much of the hearing was held today in camera because of the sensitive nature of the information about Harry’s safety and the threats to which he could be exposed.

The appeals court will issue its written decision at a later date, “very likely” after Easter, Judge Jeffrey Voss said after the hearing.

 

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#al-Qaeda#prince harry
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Reactions to Rosie Huntington’s appearance: “My God, what’s wrong with her face?”

February 20, 2026

The Herodion closes for three years: It will reopen with a new entrance, roof, lighting, no speaker towers, and an expanded forecourt

February 20, 2026

Marilyn Monroe’s Palm Springs home listed for $3.3 million

February 20, 2026

Donald Trump imposes a flat 10% global tariff following Supreme Court ruling

February 20, 2026

What would happen if drones flew over Greek airports? The state apparatus is “training” for hybrid threats and illegal flights

February 20, 2026

New Ministry of Interior–Google partnership to boost AI skills in the public sector

February 20, 2026

Brad Pitt’s secluded accommodation on Hydra: Why he chose the small hotel in Vlychos (video-photos)

February 20, 2026

Zelensky shocked his ministers according to WSJ: “Get ready for three more years of war”

February 20, 2026
All News

> Lifestyle

Reactions to Rosie Huntington’s appearance: “My God, what’s wrong with her face?”

A video of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley posted on social media sparked reactions, with viewers questioning whether the model had altered her appearance

February 20, 2026

Marilyn Monroe’s Palm Springs home listed for $3.3 million

February 20, 2026

Maria Menounos: The revealing dress she wore on her trip to Greece – see photos

February 20, 2026

Eric Dane: The life and legacy of the ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ star who died of ALS at 53

February 20, 2026

Katie Price: New photos from Dubai spark shock as she appears thinner than ever

February 19, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα