×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
18
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 24°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Greece

Zakinthos: Criminal scheme uncovered in lawyer’s murder—Perpetrators attempted robbery and she resisted

Father and son resided in Zakinthos and were aware that the 69-year-old woman possessed money; the third suspect lived in Nemea. How they organized the deadly robbery

Newsroom May 27 10:17

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

The investigation into the murder of the lawyer in Zakinthos has led to the arrest of three men (a father, son, and a friend of the father, all of Albanian descent). They had set up an ambush targeting the lawyer, who was murdered last February. The three men were arrested following an investigation by the Homicide Department.

A key to solving the case was the identification of the man who was living in Nemea. When he was brought in for questioning and presented with the evidence collected, he reportedly described what happened on that fateful night.

According to police sources, the man from Nemea said that he traveled to Zakinthos a day before the murder, having coordinated with the man living on the island, knowing that the unfortunate woman had money in her possession, and that they planned to commit the robbery.

The same sources state that the two men stayed in one of the rental apartments owned by the alleged perpetrator (as per the testimonies of the other two) and the next day executed their plan. “We wore masks, hoods, gloves, and set up an ambush,” the Nemea man reportedly told the police.

Describing what happened, he said: “We waited for her to return, and then we attacked her to take her keys and enter her house. I tried to open the door, and at that moment I saw that she had fallen down and was bleeding. I told her ‘Let’s go,’ and we left.”

After the bloody and fatal fight, the two men reportedly left the scene on foot, walking for about an hour before calling the first man’s son to pick them up. In the meantime, they burned their clothes and discarded the knife.

According to the man from Nemea, “For the next two months, we did not contact each other, only minimal phone calls to avoid being connected.”

Sources further reveal that the two men—both of Albanian descent—worked together on construction sites when they decided to carry out the robbery targeting the 69-year-old woman. The father lived with his son in Zakinthos, while the other man resided in Nemea.

Police indicate that the father and the uncle went to the woman’s house with their features covered, while the son acted as a courier.

The person who stabbed the unfortunate woman in the thigh, causing uncontrollable bleeding, is believed to be the father, who, however, appears not to be confessing. The other man and the son have reportedly confessed.

>Related articles

“We had been monitoring them for a long time, They may be linked to other crimes,” says Chrysochoidis about the Tithorea bank robbers

Shock in Britain: Gay couple accused of raping & sexually exploiting young men

Thriller over the 147 guns found in luggage in Evros allegedly meant to arm the Turkish “Daltons” gang – “We are Gulenists,” say those arrested

It is recalled that the unfortunate woman was found that morning by her son, lying unconscious on the steps of her house entrance, near her car.

The forensic doctor who examined the scene concluded that her death resulted from a criminal act, as she had a wound from a pointed and cutting instrument on her left inner thigh, above the knee, which caused significant bleeding, leading to her death within minutes.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#crime#criminal act#murder#robbery
> More Greece

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Analysis: 300 new Cuban drones are causing concern in the U.S., the Trump narrative, and thoughts of intervention

May 18, 2026

Netanyahu confirmed the interception of the Global Sumud flotilla for Gaza

May 18, 2026

Pressing by the tax authority on 2.3 million debtors, new 72-installment scheme coming in June

May 18, 2026

Contacts and agreements to deepen Greece–United Arab Emirates cooperation

May 18, 2026

New leadership at the Greek-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce

May 18, 2026

Greece of 10.3 million people that “rules” the seas with a $134 billion fleet (pic)

May 18, 2026

The Final Four in Athens – Watch protothema.gr’s live show for Europe’s biggest basketball competition

May 18, 2026

The Government Council for Foreign Affairs and Defence (KYSEA) is meeting under the Prime Minister at the Maximos Mansion, with the agenda items

May 18, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα