×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Saturday
21
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 11°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Oslo: Explosion in the city center, warning about additional explosives

A 13-year-old has been arrested – Authorities urged residents of the area “to stay away from windows” and asked other citizens “to avoid accessing the area”

Newsroom September 23 11:56

Tense scenes have prevailed since late Tuesday afternoon in central Oslo, where a powerful explosion occurred on Pilestredet Street, prompting a massive security response.

After the first explosion, Norwegian police confirmed that additional unexploded devices had been found at the scene. In an official announcement, authorities urged residents of the area “to stay away from windows” and asked other citizens “to avoid accessing the area.”

According to tv2.no, a 13-year-old has been arrested, while police believe two individuals are involved in the incident. The main police theory is that a grenade exploded at the site. Another grenade was found in the area, and authorities carried out a controlled detonation.

Reports of an explosion having rocked Pilestredet in Downtown Oslo, Norway, possibly the result of a thrown hand-grenade. Police have cordoned off the area, with residents being told to stay away from the scene due to possible unexploded ordinance near Parkveien. pic.twitter.com/A29F1eon2m

— OSINTdefender (@sentdefender) September 23, 2025

Armed police have cordoned off the street, while fire services remain on standby and police helicopters are flying over the area.

At the same time, tram traffic has been suspended, with vehicles near the explosion site evacuated and reports indicating that Oslo’s wider tram network has been affected. Local media report that urgent warning messages were sent to residents’ mobile phones, instructing them to remain in safe places away from the explosion site.

>Related articles

Donald Trump imposes a flat 10% global tariff following Supreme Court ruling

Saudi Arabia may acquire uranium enrichment capabilities with the blessing of the US

A close associate of Jeffrey Epstein and recruiter of girls was ready to expose the network, but suddenly…disappeared

“It was the loudest bang I’ve ever heard”

“It was the loudest bang I’ve ever heard. It thundered in my chest,” Jonar Teigen told aftonbladet.se. He was in his apartment cooking when it happened.

Investigations by the authorities are ongoing, with no clarification yet as to whether there are injuries or who is behind the attack.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#explosion#Norway#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Reactions to Rosie Huntington’s appearance: “My God, what’s wrong with her face?”

February 20, 2026

The Herodion closes for three years: It will reopen with a new entrance, roof, lighting, no speaker towers, and an expanded forecourt

February 20, 2026

Marilyn Monroe’s Palm Springs home listed for $3.3 million

February 20, 2026

Donald Trump imposes a flat 10% global tariff following Supreme Court ruling

February 20, 2026

What would happen if drones flew over Greek airports? The state apparatus is “training” for hybrid threats and illegal flights

February 20, 2026

New Ministry of Interior–Google partnership to boost AI skills in the public sector

February 20, 2026

Brad Pitt’s secluded accommodation on Hydra: Why he chose the small hotel in Vlychos (video-photos)

February 20, 2026

Zelensky shocked his ministers according to WSJ: “Get ready for three more years of war”

February 20, 2026
All News

> Politics

New Ministry of Interior–Google partnership to boost AI skills in the public sector

The Home Office and Google initiative is expected to focus from 2026 onwards on further strengthening practical AI and digital work skills

February 20, 2026

The strengthening of the Greece–USA strategic defense relationship was at the center of the meeting between Dendias and a delegation from the US Congress

February 20, 2026

Giannis Kefalogiannis: Managing natural disasters is not a one-off policy, but a long-term strategy

February 20, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα