×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Tuesday
17
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Ukraine has agreed to the key points of the Trump proposal, U.S. official says

Earlier, the Secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council had also spoken of an agreement between the U.S. and Ukraine on the main terms of the plan during meetings in Geneva

Newsroom November 25 03:55

Ukraine is said to have agreed to the core elements of the peace proposal put forward by the Trump administration, with some details still to be settled, a U.S. official confirmed to NewsNation as U.S. Army Secretary Dan Driscoll is in Abu Dhabi for meetings with Russian and Ukrainian officials regarding the proposal.

“The Ukrainians have agreed to the peace plan. There are a few small details that need to be resolved, but they have agreed to a peace deal,” the official said.

Rustem Umerov, Secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council, confirmed earlier in a post on social media that the Ukrainian and U.S. delegations had reached a “common understanding” on the “core terms” of the agreement presented in Geneva.

“We appreciate the productive and constructive meetings held in Geneva between the Ukrainian and U.S. delegations, as well as President Trump’s steadfast efforts to end the war,” Umerov wrote on X.

“Our delegations reached a common understanding regarding the core terms of the agreement discussed in Geneva,” he continued. “We are now relying on the support of our European partners for the next steps.”

“We look forward to arranging a visit by the President of Ukraine to the United States as soon as possible in November, in order to finalize the remaining steps and reach an agreement with President Trump,” he added.

The United States has renewed its efforts to end the war between Ukraine and Russia, with delegations from the U.S., Ukraine, and key European allies meeting in Geneva over the weekend to discuss the 28-point plan proposed by the U.S. last week.

The plan has been widely criticized as overly favorable to Russia, but U.S. officials have said the document is not the final proposal and is likely to change.

Late Monday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that “the list of necessary steps to end the war can become workable,” after officials left the Geneva talks on Sunday optimistic about progress. Zelensky said he planned to discuss “sensitive” outstanding issues with Trump.

One of the Ukrainian representatives at Sunday’s talks in Geneva, Oleksandr Bevz, said the number of points in the proposed agreement had been reduced, but denied reports that the U.S. 28-point plan has now become 19 points.

>Related articles

Munich Conference formalizes the rift: Rubio cancels last-minute Ukraine meeting – “We must free ourselves from dependence on the US,” say Merz & Macron

Bloomberg: US back-and-forth forces Europe to consider developing a unified nuclear deterrent

Politico outlines a 4+1 step roadmap for Ukraine’s partial EU entry by 2027, sidestepping Orbán’s opposition

“The document will continue to change. We can confirm that the number was reduced to remove points unrelated to Ukraine, to exclude duplicates, and for editorial reasons,” Bevz told the Associated Press, adding that several points concerning exclusively U.S.–Russia relations were removed.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#Trump#ukraine#Zelenskyy
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Pierarakis: Eleni Glykatzi-Arveler was the most tangible proof of the power generated by dedication to knowledge

February 16, 2026

The execution of the 200 in Kaisariani by German occupation forces: The stories and relics of the fallen

February 16, 2026

St. Peter’s Basilica Square to fully open to the public, café to double in size, real-time booking system to be introduced

February 16, 2026

Over 70 non-governmental organisations oppose the European migration reform plan

February 16, 2026

The great Byzantinologist Eleni Glykatzi-Arveler died at the age of 99

February 16, 2026

Alexis Tsipras presents “Ithaki” in Larissa today

February 16, 2026

Greece–Turkey in “calm waters” until the elections, following the Mitsotakis–Erdogan meeting in Ankara

February 16, 2026

Kilauea Volcano erupted again: the lava jets reached 400 metres, see video

February 16, 2026
All News

> Greece

The great Byzantinologist Eleni Glykatzi-Arveler died at the age of 99

She was the first female rector at the Sorbonne, with a rich literary output

February 16, 2026

Alexis Tsipras presents “Ithaki” in Larissa today

February 16, 2026

Taxis tomorrow (17/2): Drivers’ strike in Attica through Thursday

February 16, 2026

Nikos Plakias speaks to Protothema: The pressure, xylene, Karystianou, and the last photo of the girls from inside the train

February 16, 2026

Second wave of acquisitions in education: Foreign funds now investing in private schools across Greece’s regions

February 16, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα