×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
22
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 18°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Captain of yacht Natalie Wood was on before she died says her husband Robert Wagner killed her!

Davern claims Wagner stopped him from looking for the silver screen actress

Newsroom August 30 09:00

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

The man who captained the yacht silver screen starlet Natalie Wood died on says he believes her husband, Robert Wagner, is responsible, and claims he stopped all search efforts.

Dennis Davern was one of only four people on board the Splendour on November 28, 1981. He was joined by Wood, Wagner, and actor Christopher Walken.

During the weekend the trio of actors and their captain spent on the boat, Davern claims they had been fighting terribly, with Wood asking the captain to take her away and trying to call a seaplane to escape, and Wagner arguing with Walken about his attitude towards Wood.

Davern told producers of Fatal Voyage: The Mysterious Death of Natalie Wood that the night Wood disappeared, all three actors were arguing, when the actress stormed out and went to her room.

He claims Walken also stormed out and went to his cabin at the end of the boat, while Wagner stayed where he was, and began to drink with the captain.

Eventually, Wagner went to check on his wife, and Davern claims a scuffle broke out between the pair. When the captain went to investigate, he claims Wagner told him to go away.

Afterwards, he believes Natalie was killed and thrown overboard.

Davern claims he eventually made his way to the back of the ship, where he found Wagner at the swim steps, and noticed Wood and the dinghy were missing.

At this point, the seaman claims he tried to start a search for Wood.

‘I saw the dinghy was missing and fired up the engines to start searching,’ he told the podcast.

‘But RJ [Wagner] said “no, no, let’s not do that. Let’s just stay, let’s have another bottle of wine”.’

Davern says when Woods’ body was found, it was him, not Wagner, who was left to identify her.

‘The next morning, Natalie’s body was found near the dinghy – about half a mile from the Splendour,’ he said.

‘RJ and Walken went by helicopter back to the mainland, and I had to identify Natalie’s body.’

Afterwards, at Woods’ wake, Davern claims he was introduced to Walken’s lawyer.

Soon, he claims he became stuck in the home, getting around only by a limousine that would wait out the front of wherever he wanted to go, so he would return to Wagner’s home.

Davern said Wagner spent these weeks drinking and crying in his bedroom.

>Related articles

Mango founder’s son arrested for his father’s death

The global yacht elite in Greece: Stunning images from the 11th Mediterranean Yacht Show in Nafplio

Kefalonia: Three arrested in Myrto death case – Lawyer raises questions over doctors

‘Later, it crossed my mind they didn’t want me to say anything about what happened on the Splendour,’ he said.

Police re-opened the case into Woods’ death in February 2018, and Wagner has been named as a suspect, but has so far declined to speak with authorities.

Source: dailymail

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#actor#actress#captain#death#killed#Natalie Wood#Robert Wagner#shock#yacht
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

What does it mean that the Patriarch of Constantinople is “Ecumenical”?

May 21, 2026

From Vinyl to Streaming: The playlist generations without a “musical identity”

May 21, 2026

Mitsotakis at the Palace of the Despots in Mystras: Culture is a chain of our national strength

May 21, 2026

Archbishop Simeon: We are confident that Egypt is making every effort to ensure that Mount Sinai continues its eternal course unhindered

May 21, 2026

The Kremlin is open to dialogue with the Europeans on the war in Ukraine

May 21, 2026

Alexandros Giotopoulos, the leader of the 17 November organization who had been sentenced to life imprisonment, was released after 24 years in prison

May 21, 2026

Henry Nowak: Student killed in knife attack as two-tier policing questions grow in murder trial

May 21, 2026

Rubio: US-Iran deal is “unfeasible” if tolls are imposed on the Strait of Hormuz

May 21, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα