×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 15°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

McGregor and Khabib teammates’s fight cancelled after UFC 229 post-match brawl

McGregor’s teammate Artem Lobov, who wasn’t involved in the melee, will now face a new opponent instead

Newsroom October 11 07:18

A bout between the team members of Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor, which was scheduled for October 27, has been called off, according to a report by Russian news agency TASS.

Nurmagodov team member, Zuybara Tukhugov, who was involved in the post-fight brawl in Las Vegas last Saturday, has been removed from the upcoming UFC card according to Lobov’s management, as cited by TASS.

McGregor’s teammate Artem Lobov, who wasn’t involved in the melee, will now face a new opponent instead.

“The fight is cancelled due to the riots at UFC 229. Artem will get a new opponent,” said a member of the team’s management.

>Related articles

Conor McGregor says he will run for President of Ireland: “Time for real change”

Connor McGregor guilty of rape – Will pay $248,000 in restitution

Strickland beats UFC champion Adesanya in a major upset at UFC 293

Following the incident, UFC President Dana White said at the press conference that the athletes with UFC contracts who were involved in the brawl will never fight in the UFC again.

Although there was no official announcement regarding Tukhugov since then, the pair are still mentioned as the co-main event fight of the UFC Volkan v Smith event on the organization’s website.

read more at rt.com

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#conor mcgregor#MMA#Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov#UFC
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

SOA Greece takes action for the Mediterranean: Youth, science, and solutions for invasive species

February 16, 2026

How the ring operated that opened and shut down restaurants and bars using “straw men” to evade VAT and social-security contributions—dismantled by the AADE

February 15, 2026

Anna Psarouda-Benaki dies at the age of 92

February 15, 2026

Violanta factory owner to testify on Tuesday: Evidence that led to the new arrest

February 15, 2026

Contracts with Chevron–Helleniq Energy to be signed tomorrow: When seismic surveys begin

February 15, 2026

Decline in mortgage lending, fears of foreclosures and investment uncertainty: the side effects of the ruling on loans under the Katseli Law

February 15, 2026

Traffic restrictions on Attiki Odos due to works – carriageway towards the Airport closed from Elefsina to Aigaleo

February 15, 2026

Stunning national record by Greek athlete Roussou in the 1,500 metres

February 15, 2026
All News

> Politics

Dr. Ioannis Papafloratos to Proto Thema: An assessment of the Mitsotakis – Erdogan meeting & the state of the Greek-Turkish relations

The Greek and Turkish priorities, the resumption of talks on the Cyprus issue and the prospects of peace in Ukraine

February 14, 2026

Dendias from Thrace: The largest settlement project in the history of the Armed Forces, we protect the Muslims of the region

February 14, 2026

Hatzidakis: The twelve-month tourist season in our country is feasible

February 13, 2026

Mitsotakis on the donation from the Pavlos and Alexandra Kanellopoulos Foundation: Major multi-million intervention at KAT with 16,000 surgeries per year

February 13, 2026

Kyriakos Mitsotakis met with Archbishop Makarios of Australia

February 13, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα