×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
22
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 22°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Trump plans to allocate $8 billion to fund border wall

Democrats didn't like it a lot

Newsroom February 15 08:47

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

President Trump’s plans to declare a national emergency in order to fund his long-promised border wall will enable his administration to move $8 billion from various federal agencies to fund the project, a senior administration official told Fox News late Thursday.

The news comes as Trump is expected to sign a House border security package that provides $1.4 billion for the project, which is far below the $5.7 billion Trump insisted he needed and would finance just a quarter of the 200-plus miles he wanted to be defended against illegal immigrants.

>Related articles

Rubio: US-Iran deal is “unfeasible” if tolls are imposed on the Strait of Hormuz

New NSA documents: MiG fighter jets chased UFOs during the Cold War (docs)

Zakharova on U.S. prosecution of Raul Castro: “We will continue to provide support to Cuba”

Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, said earlier Thursday that Trump will sign the spending bill and declare a national emergency at the same time Friday morning.

The White House said Trump would sign the legislation but act unilaterally to get more funding, prompting condemnations from Democrats and threats of lawsuits from states and others who might lose federal money or said Trump was abusing his authority.

Read more HERE

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#approved#borders#state of emergency#US President Donald Trump#usa#wall
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Athens in Final Four mode with Olympiacos chasing its 4th European title: Transport plans, Fan Zone and security measures

May 22, 2026

What does it mean that the Patriarch of Constantinople is “Ecumenical”?

May 21, 2026

From Vinyl to Streaming: The playlist generations without a “musical identity”

May 21, 2026

Mitsotakis at the Palace of the Despots in Mystras: Culture is a chain of our national strength

May 21, 2026

Archbishop Simeon: We are confident that Egypt is making every effort to ensure that Mount Sinai continues its eternal course unhindered

May 21, 2026

The Kremlin is open to dialogue with the Europeans on the war in Ukraine

May 21, 2026

Alexandros Giotopoulos, the leader of the 17 November organization who had been sentenced to life imprisonment, was released after 24 years in prison

May 21, 2026

Henry Nowak: Student killed in knife attack as two-tier policing questions grow in murder trial

May 21, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα