×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
20
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 33°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Brazilian police file slander lawsuit against woman who accused Neymar of raping her

The police said they had been wrongly accused as accomplices in the rape case

Newsroom June 14 07:26

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Sao Paulo’s civil police force have filed a complaint of slander against Najila Trindade, the woman accusing Neymar of rape.

Trindade gave an interview on Brazilian TV and her comments where she accused the Brazilian superstar of trying to sexually abuse her.

In an interview with SBT’s programme ‘Conexao Reporter’, she stood by her accusations against the footballer and also accused the police force of corruption.”The police are bought, aren’t they? Or am I crazy?” She commented.

>Related articles

This is how you can see whether the police have “searched” your car through cameras

Eleven arrested over murder of 20-year-old Portuguese tourist in Albania: Bar brawl followed by fatal beach fight

Tragedy with the fires in Salamina: Elderly couple dead, eight people suffer burns, homes destroyed

The police have now responded.”The honour of the police as an institution and that of the experts involved has been tarnished,” said a report filed by the police.

The Union of Police Commissioners of the State of Sao Paulo and the Association of Police Chiefs commented that they are in solidarity with any victim of gender violence, but also said that they reject conjecture.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#brazil#Brazil superstar Neymar#football#lawsuit#police#rape accusations#soccer
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Prince Harry and Meghan’s move back to Britain surprises King Charles

August 20, 2026

Italian tourist falls from boat in Alonnisos and suffers neck injury

August 20, 2026

A 14.8% jump in tourism receipts to €8.8 billion in first half of 2026, Bank of Greece data shows

August 20, 2026

Hatzivasiliou: Turkish maritime parks are illegal; it is not easy to strike a target inside Greece

August 20, 2026

A two-tier ferry industry: Three major players invest while 30 smaller companies fall behind in fleet renewal

August 20, 2026

Non-state universities: What changes after the Council of State ruling, what happens to students, and what about the seven new institutions?

August 20, 2026

Temperatures on the rise from today, reaching 38°C: What the weather will look like this weekend

August 20, 2026

Israeli Defense Minister attacks Erdogan: “You are dragging Turkey into dangerous adventures; don’t test us”

August 20, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα