×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Wednesday
18
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 11°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Eurovision 2020: EBU issues statement amid coronavirus pandemic

The EBU said its was monitoring the situation

Newsroom March 14 06:48

The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) said it was closely monitoring the situation in light of the C0vid-19 virus and expressed its concerns in a statement it released. The 65th European song contest is scheduled to take place in Amsterdam between May 12-16.

The EBU is closely monitoring the situation concerning the spread of the coronavirus and keeping abreast of the latest advice and guidelines from the WHO and national health authorities.

We are working closely with Dutch Host Broadcasters NPO, NOS and AVROTROS and the City of Rotterdam to explore different potential scenarios for the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.

However, with 2 months to go until the 3 live shows on 12, 14 and 16 May, and a rapidly changing situation both in the Netherlands and the countries of the participating broadcasters, it is still too early to make any final decisions.

With this in mind, we’re continuing to work together as a team on preparations to host the 65th Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam.

>Related articles

The White House officially confirms that COVID came from a lab and accuses Fauci of a deliberate cover-up

A car in flames after an explosion in a central square in Amsterdam

Bloody incident in Amsterdam: Five injured after stabbing attack

also read

Coronavirus – Spain in complete lockdown

Europe is the epicentre of coronavirus pandemic, says WHO

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#Amsterdam#coronavirus#Eurovision song contest
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Canadian mining company suspends operations in Cuba due to fuel shortage

February 17, 2026

Testimonies about Violanta: Since early December, the owner had been searching for the leak with a plumber without a license – Read shocking employee accounts

February 17, 2026

Weather: Rain and thunderstorms again on Friday, noticeable drop in temperature over the weekend, clear skies on Clean Monday

February 17, 2026

Pierrakakis: The international role of the euro is the strategic response to the economic challenges facing Europe

February 17, 2026

Mitsotakis in India on Wednesday and Thursday, meeting with Prime Minister Modi

February 17, 2026

40-year record for Mediterranean monk seal births in Greece – watch the video

February 17, 2026

Which Greek island ranks among the world’s 13 top destinations for slow travel

February 17, 2026

Court “halts” telemarketing: €50,000 compensation for nuisance calls

February 17, 2026
All News

> Economy

Pierrakakis: The international role of the euro is the strategic response to the economic challenges facing Europe

Meetings of the Eurogroup and ECOFIN concluded today, Tuesday, in Brussels, with the role of the single currency in a global environment of geo-economic challenges as the main topic of discussion

February 17, 2026

Which Greek island ranks among the world’s 13 top destinations for slow travel

February 17, 2026

BoE: 1.9 billion Euro cash surplus in January

February 17, 2026

Robeson Reeves: Our plan is paying off, scale and size are an advantage

February 16, 2026

How the ring operated that opened and shut down restaurants and bars using “straw men” to evade VAT and social-security contributions—dismantled by the AADE

February 15, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα