×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Sunday
22
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 10°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

US & Russian astronauts stuck waiting in space after spacecraft suffered damage

NASA is not considering the move-up in the MS-23 Soyuz launch a rescue mission

Newsroom January 12 12:46

NASA astronaut Frank Rubio and Russian cosmonauts Sergey Prokopyev and Dmitri Petelin are faced with extending their stay aboard the International Space Station by several months and will require a new ride home after their Russian MS-22 Soyuz spacecraft sprang a leak last month.

The trio was supposed to use that spacecraft to return to Earth in March. Wednesday, NASA and Russian space officials unveiled a plan to launch an empty Soyuz capsule to the ISS to ferry them back instead. That means the three men will spend several more months at the ISS.

See Also:

>Related articles

A “Hexagon” of alliances with India, Greece, Cyprus & Arab states sought by Netanyahu against Shiite and Sunni extremism

Gunman armed with rifle and gasoline can shot dead by Secret Service at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Estate

Critical Hours in the Middle East: Why an attack on Iran is far riskier than the arrest of Maduro

Police visit 1,000 homes of people watching online streams in piracy crackdown

During a briefing with reporters, NASA’s Joel Montalbano, manager of the International Space Station program, said that NASA is not considering the move-up in the MS-23 Soyuz launch a rescue mission. “We’re not calling it a rescue Soyuz,” said Montalbano. “Right now, the crew is safe onboard the space station.”

Read more: yahoo

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#astronauts#nasa#russia#science#space#technology#usa#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

A “Hexagon” of alliances with India, Greece, Cyprus & Arab states sought by Netanyahu against Shiite and Sunni extremism

February 22, 2026

Gunman armed with rifle and gasoline can shot dead by Secret Service at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Estate

February 22, 2026

Marc poll for Proto Thema: ND at 31.4% in vote estimate, Mitsotakis “playing solo” on suitability for Prime Minister

February 22, 2026

Critical Hours in the Middle East: Why an attack on Iran is far riskier than the arrest of Maduro

February 22, 2026

Earthquake at Buckingham: Charles was warned since 2019 about Prince Andrew’s “secret deals”

February 22, 2026

Marc poll for “Proto Thema”: ND at 31.4%, Mitsotakis “playing” without a rival

February 22, 2026

Kyriakos Mitsotakis: Hydrocarbon exploration guarantees security against those who challenge our sovereign rights

February 22, 2026

Water scarcity: Better news for Lake Mornos after the rains – “We must not become complacent,” experts say

February 22, 2026
All News

> Greece

Water scarcity: Better news for Lake Mornos after the rains – “We must not become complacent,” experts say

The “wet” year improves reserves, but the water level remains 26% below average – What the data show for the islands and climate change

February 22, 2026

Military service is changing: Everyone in the Army, 10 weeks of basic training, €100 allowance in border areas

February 22, 2026

With the weather on our side for the Carnival parades and Koulouma: “It’s time to unwind,” says Kolydas

February 21, 2026

A wolf attacked a group of walkers at the Royal Estates in Tatoi!

February 21, 2026

Bad weather with an “orange” warning before Carnival, improvement on Clean Monday for kite flying

February 21, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα