×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
20
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Boy, 13, who tried to rape two women as they walked alone faces jail

The schoolboy was also found guilty of seven sexual assaults

Newsroom April 7 01:13

A schoolboy is facing jail after being found guilty of seven sexual assaults and two counts of attempted rape.

The 13-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, targeted two female victims as they walked alone before attempting to rape them from behind.

A court heard the first sex attack happened on 15 December 2022 before a spate of offences between 17 to 19 January this year.

The teenager mostly went after women near the Whitchurch Drive area of Telford, Shropshire, close to the Princess Royal Hospital.

West Mercia Police said some victims described their attacker as wearing a school uniform.

During police interviews, the boy accepted he had been present for some of the offences but denied any responsibility.

He claimed another unknown male was present and possibly responsible for the attacks.

See Also:

These are the 49 high value professions and specialties for the Greek tourism sector

The boy did not give evidence and was found guilty by Kidderminster Youth Court on Wednesday.

He will be sentenced at Shrewsbury Crown Court on 5 May.

>Related articles

Donald Trump imposes a flat 10% global tariff following Supreme Court ruling

Saudi Arabia may acquire uranium enrichment capabilities with the blessing of the US

A close associate of Jeffrey Epstein and recruiter of girls was ready to expose the network, but suddenly…disappeared

Detective Sergeant Chris Henry said after the hearing: “I would like to thank the victims for their bravery in giving evidence to the court which led to today’s verdict.

“Thankfully attacks such as these are rare but women everywhere can take reassurance from the fact that we will not hesitate to act when they do”.

Source: yahoo

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#attempted rape#boy#jail#schoolboy#UK#women#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Reactions to Rosie Huntington’s appearance: “My God, what’s wrong with her face?”

February 20, 2026

The Herodion closes for three years: It will reopen with a new entrance, roof, lighting, no speaker towers, and an expanded forecourt

February 20, 2026

Marilyn Monroe’s Palm Springs home listed for $3.3 million

February 20, 2026

Donald Trump imposes a flat 10% global tariff following Supreme Court ruling

February 20, 2026

What would happen if drones flew over Greek airports? The state apparatus is “training” for hybrid threats and illegal flights

February 20, 2026

New Ministry of Interior–Google partnership to boost AI skills in the public sector

February 20, 2026

Brad Pitt’s secluded accommodation on Hydra: Why he chose the small hotel in Vlychos (video-photos)

February 20, 2026

Zelensky shocked his ministers according to WSJ: “Get ready for three more years of war”

February 20, 2026
All News

> Culture

The Herodion closes for three years: It will reopen with a new entrance, roof, lighting, no speaker towers, and an expanded forecourt

Detailed overview of the planned maintenance work

February 20, 2026

Brad Pitt’s secluded accommodation on Hydra: Why he chose the small hotel in Vlychos (video-photos)

February 20, 2026

Giannis Aggelakas: Transforms into “The Little Prince” on the Stage of Stegi

February 20, 2026

The villa where Brad Pitt is staying on Hydra: It once belonged to Kostas Boutaris, went to auction, and now belongs to famed host Stephen Colbert

February 20, 2026

262 photographs documenting the Kaisariani executions confirmed authentic – Ministry of Culture moves to acquire collection

February 20, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα