×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Tucker Carlson Plans New Media Empire With ‘Twitter As Its Backbone’, WSJ Says

Tucker plans to offer episodes for free while charging a subscription for shorter versions of his show,

Newsroom July 14 03:37

Roughly three months ago, Fox News divorced its biggest star, Tucker Carlson. Since then, he’s established a strong presence on Twitter, where his series of episodes have garnered hundreds of millions of views. Now, the renowned conservative commentator appears to be gearing up to launch his own media company.

According to The Wall Street Journal, citing sources close to the matter, Tucker and former White House adviser Neil Patel are preparing to raise hundreds of millions of dollars to fund a new media company with Twitter as its backbone.

Tucker plans to offer episodes for free while charging a subscription for shorter versions of his show, interviews, and documentaries, the people said, adding content may expand with other shows from additional hosts.

Patel and Tucker are old college buddies and, in 2010, partnered to form the conservative Daily Caller news site, which Patel still controls. The people said financiers, lawyers, and media strategists are all lined up for the new media company.

In recent weeks, Carlson’s team held discussions with Twitter about establishing a media organization with Twitter at its core. The people noted the media company would have its own website and mobile app and expand its content on other platforms.

Some of the discussions Carlson’s team and Twitter employees had were making it easier for Twitter videos to be viewed on a television set, according to the people.

A spokesperson for Tucker told WSJ one of their big concerns was relying on YouTube for content distribution because moderators are too ‘woke’.

In combination with a Twitter subscription revenue, Carlson’s team will have big brands sponsor each show, the people said.

Tucker was fired from Fox News in late April. Fox has sent Tucker a “cease-and-desist” letter over his new Twitter series. Tucker’s lawyer has stated his client wouldn’t “be silenced by anyone.”

>Related articles

The Mind is the New Battleground: Spain’s assault on social media platforms & the dangerous precedent

Karytianou insists, “they haven’t even considered why a couple is led to abortion,” and attacks the media

Cloudflare outage disrupts websites worldwide: What the company says

Meanwhile, Elon Musk has championed Twitter as a haven for free speech. Months ago, Musk welcomed Tucker as a new creator on the platform and even said, “I hope that many others, particularly from the left, also choose to be content creators on this platform.”

Tucker’s new media company, leveraging Twitter as a means of content distribution, could disrupt the television news media industry.

source zerohedegde.com

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#media#Tucker Carlson#twitter
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

SOA Greece takes action for the Mediterranean: Youth, science, and solutions for invasive species

February 16, 2026

How the ring operated that opened and shut down restaurants and bars using “straw men” to evade VAT and social-security contributions—dismantled by the AADE

February 15, 2026

Anna Psarouda-Benaki dies at the age of 92

February 15, 2026

Violanta factory owner to testify on Tuesday: Evidence that led to the new arrest

February 15, 2026

Contracts with Chevron–Helleniq Energy to be signed tomorrow: When seismic surveys begin

February 15, 2026

Decline in mortgage lending, fears of foreclosures and investment uncertainty: the side effects of the ruling on loans under the Katseli Law

February 15, 2026

Traffic restrictions on Attiki Odos due to works – carriageway towards the Airport closed from Elefsina to Aigaleo

February 15, 2026

Stunning national record by Greek athlete Roussou in the 1,500 metres

February 15, 2026
All News

> Economy

How the ring operated that opened and shut down restaurants and bars using “straw men” to evade VAT and social-security contributions—dismantled by the AADE

How authorities identified three major rings with total debts exceeding €24 million in taxes and contributions

February 15, 2026

Contracts with Chevron–Helleniq Energy to be signed tomorrow: When seismic surveys begin

February 15, 2026

Countdown to tax returns: What taxpayers need to check in the pre-filled data

February 14, 2026

From Faliro to Voula: Who is building the Athenian Riviera

February 13, 2026

The trick with one-time tax IDs: How a network of straw men made millions through fake shell companies

February 13, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα