×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
17
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 31°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Germany: 17-year-old German-Turkish man arrested for planning a terrorist attack on a Christmas market

The information came from the US intelligence services

Newsroom November 11 09:00

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google


A truck attack on a Christmas flea market was planned by a 17-year-old German of Turkish origin who, according to Bild, was arrested last week by Schleswig-Holstein police.

As the newspaper points out, authorities were led to the 17-year-old from intercepted phone conversations and other communications in Islamist networks. German authorities were also informed by their US counterparts. The first clues from the US intelligence agencies were already provided last spring and then the prosecutor’s office in Flensburg, Schleswig-Holstein, took over the case.

“I can assure you that we are investigating a case of planning a serious act of violence which would endanger the state and human lives. An arrest warrant has been issued for a 17-year-old,” District Attorney Bernd Winterfeld told the newspaper.

>Related articles

«It’s a matter of safety»: Anger in Britain as open facility for over 1,200 migrants is built next to village of 350 residents

US State Department: Greece is a leading force in Counterterrorism and a model for other countries

Prosecutor charges three of homicide over fatal Thessaloniki arson attack that killed Vagia Nestora

The youth was arrested last Wednesday (November 6) in Elmshorn, Schleswig-Holstein, and is now in custody, the German newspaper said.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#Christmas market#Counterterrorism#German-Turkish#law enforcement#police operation#public safety#terrorist attack
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Private helicopter crashes on Sifnos – Three people found unconscious

August 17, 2026

Trump: “The primary objective was, is, and always will be to ensure that Iran does not acquire a nuclear weapon”

August 17, 2026

An Illegal immigrant attacked & raped for 20 minutes elderly man outside a church in London, claimed “I wanted to help him”

August 17, 2026

Erdogan: EU membership is no longer a priority for Turkey – What he said about F-35s & the Strait of Hormuz

August 17, 2026

Pninat Yanay, the lawyer, is Israel’s new ambassador to Greece: “I look forward to working closely with our Greek friends”

August 17, 2026

The benefit from the early repayment of €13 billion of Greek public debt amounts to €2 billion

August 17, 2026

French Patroller drones join Greece’s Achilles Shield defence system from September

August 17, 2026

Meta faces trial that could reshape Facebook and Instagram as 30 US states seek over $1 trillion

August 17, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα