×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Sunday
23
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 34°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Malaysia extends search for missing MH370 flight by one year

The Boeing 777 was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members when it disappeared while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014

Newsroom June 29 01:29

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Malaysia has extended its agreement with marine exploration company Ocean Infinity for another year to continue the underwater search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, the country’s Ministry of Transport announced today.

The Boeing 777 was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members when it disappeared while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014, in what remains one of the greatest mysteries in the history of civil aviation.

Numerous search operations conducted in the southern Indian Ocean have so far failed to locate the aircraft.

>Related articles

Athens Airport opens a bridge to the U.S. West Coast as Alaska Airlines operates the longest flight in its history

Private helicopter crashes on Sifnos – Three passengers dead

Turkish F-16 flies over car and crashes just a few meters away – New video of fighter jet crash in Yalova (videos)

Ocean Infinity searched for the plane until 2018. Last year, the company signed a new agreement with Malaysia to resume the search in an area covering 15,000 square kilometers, under a “no find, no fee” arrangement worth $70 million, payable only if the wreckage is located.

The extension is valid for 12 months, from July 1, 2026, to June 30, 2027, Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke said in a statement.

“The decision demonstrates the government’s continued and unwavering commitment to providing closure for the families of those who were on board Flight MH370,” he said.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#aviation#aviation mystery#crew members#flight#Kuala Lumpur#Malaysia#MH370
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Search underway for Spanish businessman who fell overboard near Pylos

August 23, 2026

“I didn’t want to hit it,” claims driver who killed sleeping dog in Corfu

August 23, 2026

US Ambassador to Greece cruises the Ionian islands aboard the world’s largest luxury catamaran

August 23, 2026

Killer of woman in Nea Smyrni was married and had a child, and had faced rape and stalking allegations in Albania

August 23, 2026

Future generations won’t be burdened with debt, and dialogue with Turkey isn’t submission, PM writes in Sunday review

August 23, 2026

Iranian hackers knocked out UK power plant for four days, Telegraph reports

August 23, 2026

City of Athens prepares for today’s soaring temperatures with 7 AC spaces and other measures

August 23, 2026

Turkey and Israel’s rivalry raises fears of a dangerous miscalculation in Syria

August 23, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα