×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 15°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

11 Russian fighter jets made mock attack on Norwegian Arctic radar (photos)

Flying in attack formation, the group of Su-24 attack aircraft turned away just before Norwegian airspace

Newsroom February 15 11:08

The dramatic simulated attack happend on February 14th, 2018, Director of Norway’s Intelligence Service, Lieutenant General Morten Haga Lunde, told the audience in his annual speech for the Oslo Military Society on Monday.

Haga Lunde had earlier in the day presented Focus 2019 (in Norwegian), the intelligence service’s report on threats and security analyses.

«Russia’s rhetoric against Norway has grown sharper,» the intelligence director said.

«Russia’s military activity in our region signals dismay with Norway,» Haga Lunde said and stressed that there are «no indications that relations between Russia and the West will improve in 2019.»

>Related articles

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

Erdogan’s visit to Abu Dhabi postponed, what did the Turkish president invoke?

He then showed the map of how a group of 11 Sukhoi-24 (NATO name Fencer) supersonic attack aircraft taking of from Monchegorsk air base on the Kola Peninsula flying out in the Barents Sea before taking a 180 degree turn into an attack formation towards Vardø.

Vardø is Norway’s most northeastern town.

Read more HERE

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#aircraft#Arctic#bombing#exercise#jet#NATO#Norway#Radar#russia#simulation#Su-24#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

American Hellenic Institute leadership attends 2026 leadership 100 conference

February 16, 2026

Nikos Plakias speaks to Protothema: The pressure, xylene, Karystianou, and the last photo of the girls from inside the train

February 16, 2026

Second wave of acquisitions in education: Foreign funds now investing in private schools across Greece’s regions

February 16, 2026

Adonis Georgiades filed a lawsuit against Zoe Konstantopoulou at Evelpidon

February 16, 2026

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

February 16, 2026

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

February 16, 2026

Robeson Reeves: Our plan is paying off, scale and size are an advantage

February 16, 2026

Erdogan’s visit to Abu Dhabi postponed, what did the Turkish president invoke?

February 16, 2026
All News

> Economy

Robeson Reeves: Our plan is paying off, scale and size are an advantage

CEO of Bally’s Intralot, talks on structural advantage, responsibility at scale, and how disciplined growth is redefining the global gaming industry

February 16, 2026

How the ring operated that opened and shut down restaurants and bars using “straw men” to evade VAT and social-security contributions—dismantled by the AADE

February 15, 2026

Contracts with Chevron–Helleniq Energy to be signed tomorrow: When seismic surveys begin

February 15, 2026

Countdown to tax returns: What taxpayers need to check in the pre-filled data

February 14, 2026

From Faliro to Voula: Who is building the Athenian Riviera

February 13, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα