×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 16°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Explosion in Beirut: A month later traces of life were found! Rescuers dig with bare hands (videos)

The building where the searches are being carried out housed a bar on the ground floor

Newsroom September 4 12:43

Rescuers in Beirut are digging with bare hands in the rubble of a building that collapsed in a massive August 4th explosion in the Lebanese capital, a day after traces of life were found there.

A team of workers removed huge blocks of cement at the site to facilitate the searches, an eyewitness told Reuters.

The building, where the searches are being carried out, housed a bar on the ground floor. The rescue team includes volunteers from Chile and Lebanon, as well as members of the country’s civil protection service.

Yesterday, a rescue team with a search and rescue dog located movement under the building in the Gemagize area of Beirut, one of the neighborhoods of the Lebanese capital that received one of the hardest blows from the explosion.

There’s still hope until there’s proof otherwise #Beirut @skyzein with the latest on @SkyNews #Explosion https://t.co/xML7CZWBoE

— Alex Crawford (@AlexCrawfordSky) September 4, 2020

The devastating August 4th blast that devastated the city killed about 190 people. Authorities said it was caused by about 2.750 tonnes of ammonia nitrate that had been stored for years in precarious conditions at a port depot.

The blast destroyed entire neighborhoods and injured 6,000 people.

See Also:

Forbes: These acquisitions & upgrades could give Greek Air Force a formidable edge over Turkey

“Thriller” in Crete with a “scent” of terrorism and the involvement of the NIS

L’espoir continue au #Liban.

Les recherches du survivant un mois après l’explosion durent depuis 24 heures à #Beyrouth. Les membres de l’équipe de sauvetage pensent que les signes vitaux détectés sous les décombres sont ceux d’un enfant. #Beirutpic.twitter.com/Fwt24yzK7U

>Related articles

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

Erdogan’s visit to Abu Dhabi postponed, what did the Turkish president invoke?

— Anonyme Citoyen (@AnonymeCitoyen) September 4, 2020

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#beirut#explosion#Lebanon#missing#resue#Survivor#videos#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Taxis tomorrow (17/2): Drivers’ strike in Attica through Thursday

February 16, 2026

American Hellenic Institute leadership attends 2026 leadership 100 conference

February 16, 2026

Nikos Plakias speaks to Protothema: The pressure, xylene, Karystianou, and the last photo of the girls from inside the train

February 16, 2026

Second wave of acquisitions in education: Foreign funds now investing in private schools across Greece’s regions

February 16, 2026

Adonis Georgiades filed a lawsuit against Zoe Konstantopoulou at Evelpidon

February 16, 2026

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

February 16, 2026

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

February 16, 2026

Robeson Reeves: Our plan is paying off, scale and size are an advantage

February 16, 2026
All News

> Economy

Robeson Reeves: Our plan is paying off, scale and size are an advantage

CEO of Bally’s Intralot, talks on structural advantage, responsibility at scale, and how disciplined growth is redefining the global gaming industry

February 16, 2026

How the ring operated that opened and shut down restaurants and bars using “straw men” to evade VAT and social-security contributions—dismantled by the AADE

February 15, 2026

Contracts with Chevron–Helleniq Energy to be signed tomorrow: When seismic surveys begin

February 15, 2026

Countdown to tax returns: What taxpayers need to check in the pre-filled data

February 14, 2026

From Faliro to Voula: Who is building the Athenian Riviera

February 13, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα