The list of the top-selling car models in the world for 2020 was officially announced and the results were not surprising.
In a year that saw car sales fall sharply across the globe due to the coronavirus pandemic, the world’s best-selling model remained Japanese.
The model that sold the most is the 12th iteration and has in fact not changed its name since the ’60s.
It is, of course, the famous Toyota Corolla. The Japanese small and medium model, therefore, remained in the 1st place of the global public preference in 2020, recording 1,134,262 sales (-8.8%), as announced by Focus2move.
Behind the Corolla followed another Japanese model, the Toyota RAV4, which closed the year with 971,516 sales, having the privilege of being one of the few models that showed an increase in sales compared to 2019 (+ 1.9%).
The Honda CR-V closed the top three with 705,651 sales, down 13.2%, which, however, rose one place compared to the previous year.
Below you can see the Top 10 new car sales of 2020:
- Toyota Corolla: 1,134,262 sales (-8.8%)
- Toyota RAV4: 971,516 sales (+ 1.9%)
- Honda CR-V: 705,651 sales (-13.2%)
- Honda Civic: 697,945 sales (-16.3%)
- Volkswagen Tiguan: 607,121 sales (-18.8%)
- Toyota Camry: 592,648 sales (-13.2%)
- Nissan Sylphy: 544,376 sales (+ 14.4%)
- Volkswagen Golf: 492,262 sales (-28.6%)
- Volkswagen Lavida: 463,804 sales (-13.0%)
- Hyundai Tucson: 462,110 sales (-14.6%)