×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
20
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 12°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Culture

The 1st floor of Kos’ Archaeological Museum reopens!

Additional measures are also expected to launch so the monuments will soon return to their former condition

Newsroom August 12 01:32

The first floor of the Archaeological Museum of Kos will be accessible to the public as of Saturday, August 5, the Greek Culture Ministry said on Friday.

The archaeological museum was temporarily closed for the inspection of the building and exhibits, following a 6.7 magnitude earthquake that hit the island in the early hours of July 21. The halls on the ground floor of the museum reopened one week after the earthquake, on Saturday, July 29.

kos1

The ministry also informed that it is monitoring the new safety measures implemented for the island’s monuments. Additional measures are also expected to launch so the monuments will soon return to their former condition.

>Related articles

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

According to the ministry, so far, protective fences have been placed in the island’s western archaeological site (Xistou area, ​​Northern Vespasiana area, Home of Europe area) and safety measures have been implemented at the Forou gate and the Nerantzia Castle. Moreover, the ministry said that actions are being taken to support the medieval fortifications of Ippokratous Street.

kos2

Source

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#archaeology#artifacts#earthquake#greece#Greek Ministry of Culture#history#kos#museum
> More Culture

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

February 19, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

February 19, 2026

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026

“My uncle and cousin brought the winery to zero, I will request a management audit,” says Apostolos Spyropoulos

February 19, 2026

Cyprus: Police uncover safe house with 220 kg of cocaine and cannabis, seize weapons and explosives worth over €7 million

February 19, 2026

What the peoples are proud of: Greeks proud of history, Italians proud of culture and Turks proud of their patriotism

February 19, 2026
All News

> Economy

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

Strong profitability and higher dividends for Navios Partners – Net income of $285.3 million in 2025 and a 20% increase in distributions – Geopolitical shifts and strategic diversification in focus

February 19, 2026

AADE: New system launched with 2,000 accounts to monitor bank accounts, wallets, cards, and safe deposits – Those targeted

February 19, 2026

Clean Monday: When and how employees and pensioners will be paid ahead of the three-day weekend

February 19, 2026

The battle of LNG: How we came to the Motor Oil – DESFA rift over the FSRU in Corinth

February 19, 2026

Greece’s energy transition: Vrohonera I pumped storage project receives green light

February 18, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα