×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Saturday
22
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 26°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Canada cancels weapons sales to Turkey over Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict

Investigation concluded that Turkey deployed UCAVs to Nagorno-Karabakh that use Canadian technology foreign affairs minister says

Newsroom April 14 09:22

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Canada cancelled all defense exports to Turkey on Monday after an investigation found that Canadian technology was used in the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia, the country’s foreign affairs minister said.

Ottawa suspended the sale of advanced drone optics and defence equipment last October amid allegations that Canadian technology was used by Azerbaijan, a key ally of Turkey, during six weeks of fierce fighting with Armenia over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region.

Earlier on Monday, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu voiced displeasure over the arms embargo during a call with his Canadian counterpart, Marc Garneau, and asked for a review.

See Also:

Israeli commercial ship attacked off UAE coast

Putin-Biden phone call – Biden proposes summit on ‘neutral’ ground

>Related articles

Israeli PM Netanyahu brands Turkish President Erdogan ‘antisemitic dictator’ after Interpol arrest warrant

Turkey seeks Interpol “red notice” for Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu over Gaza flotilla interception

Plevris in Rhodes: “We are providing tangible support to the islands that have borne the brunt of migration”

“[The] Canadians told Turkish authorities that they weren’t planning to lift the suspension of military export licences to Turkey, on the contrary, they would cancel all suspended military exports licences, even the ones issued in the past,” one person familiar with the matter told Middle East Eye.

Read more: Middle-East Eye

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#Armenia#Artsakh#Azerbaijan#canada#defence#diplomacy#embargo#military#Nagorno-Karabakh#politics#science#technology#turkey#war#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Petrounias claims rings bronze to reach 11 European medals

August 21, 2026

Madonna enchanted by Patmos: “I truly felt the presence of God”, see photos

August 21, 2026

Former Abercrombie & Fitch chief executive ruled fit for trial despite Alzheimer’s claims

August 21, 2026

Passengers save bus carrying 50 people in Sweden after driver loses consciousness (video)

August 21, 2026

Global trend for online fame puts lives at risk across Greece

August 21, 2026

Israeli PM Netanyahu brands Turkish President Erdogan ‘antisemitic dictator’ after Interpol arrest warrant

August 21, 2026

Fire on Lemnos prompts evacuation of two villages as 59 residents rescued by sea

August 21, 2026

Prince Harry, Elton John and others ordered to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million by August 28 after losing privacy battle

August 21, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα