×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
20
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 12°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

25 Covid-infected Greek tourists quarantined in Italian hospital

Two are suffering from severe respiratory problems

Newsroom November 1 03:33

Greek tourists who tested positive for the coronavirus during a sampling test carried out in the borough of ​​Mestre, a few kilometres away from Galinotati, continue to be in isolation in a hospital unit outside Venice.

According to medical sources, two of the twenty-five Greek tourists who tested positive for the coronavirus (initially the Italian media reported twenty-three) have more severe respiratory problems. The number of infected people increased gradually, during a series of tests.

Italian doctors are providing all the necessary care and, where appropriate, monoclonal antibody therapy may be given.

The tourists had arrived by bus in Italy and, according to what has emerged so far, only three were found to be negative for the coronavirus, two of whom returned to Greece by air.

>Related articles

The unknown story behind Ferrero Rocher: How the famous chocolates of the €10 Billion Empire got their name

Greece and Italy form a joint front against the illicit trafficking of cultural property

European Commission approves Greece’s National Defense Plan under “SAFE”

also read

Major reforms announced in the Greek Police – All officers to wear body cameras

Turkey “seriously disturbed” with US military base in Alexandroupolis, Erdogan told US President Biden

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#coronavirus#COVID-19#Greek tourists#italy#venice
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

February 19, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

February 19, 2026

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026

“My uncle and cousin brought the winery to zero, I will request a management audit,” says Apostolos Spyropoulos

February 19, 2026

Cyprus: Police uncover safe house with 220 kg of cocaine and cannabis, seize weapons and explosives worth over €7 million

February 19, 2026

What the peoples are proud of: Greeks proud of history, Italians proud of culture and Turks proud of their patriotism

February 19, 2026
All News

>

Moment a naval mine is neutralized at Naxos port – Watch video

A mine discovered by a fishing boat owner was moved just outside the port and safely detonated in a controlled explosion

February 19, 2026

Dendias to meet with US congress delegation on Friday

February 19, 2026

Prince Andrew released – Leaves the police station visibly shaken, see the first photo of the disgraced prince

February 19, 2026

Angeliki Frangou: A new global order is taking shape and reshaping shipping

February 19, 2026

Adonis Georgiadis on the incidents in Nikaia: “They would have killed me without the riot police

February 19, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα