×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Friday
22
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 18°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

A WWII sea fort off the English coast is up for sale with bids starting at $60,000 (photos)

Take a look

Newsroom July 18 01:45

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

A sea fort used in the Second World War is up for auction, with the bidding starting at about $60,000.

Bull Sand Fort, off the Lincolnshire coast in northern England, was built to accommodate 200 troops and can only be accessed by boat or helicopter.

The fort is now listed with real estate firm Savills and is set to go under auction on July 19.

“It will require an imaginative buyer with a project in mind but suggestions for future uses so far have included a high-end hotel, restaurant, Airbnb, grand design style personal dwelling, retreat and a tourist attraction,” said Steven Morish of Savills.

See Also:

Elon Musk responds to “meritless” Twitter suit, says he wants to push trial back to 2023

>Related articles

What does it mean that the Patriarch of Constantinople is “Ecumenical”?

From Vinyl to Streaming: The playlist generations without a “musical identity”

Archbishop Simeon: We are confident that Egypt is making every effort to ensure that Mount Sinai continues its eternal course unhindered

The fort is in need of a little love in the form of refurbishment, Morish says, but has potential for alternative uses if permitted. However, it is grade II listed, meaning any development plans must first be approved.

A sea fort used in the Second World War is being auctioned with bids starting at about $60,000.

Read more: yahoo

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#England#fortress#real estate#sale#world#WWII
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

What does it mean that the Patriarch of Constantinople is “Ecumenical”?

May 21, 2026

From Vinyl to Streaming: The playlist generations without a “musical identity”

May 21, 2026

Mitsotakis at the Palace of the Despots in Mystras: Culture is a chain of our national strength

May 21, 2026

Archbishop Simeon: We are confident that Egypt is making every effort to ensure that Mount Sinai continues its eternal course unhindered

May 21, 2026

The Kremlin is open to dialogue with the Europeans on the war in Ukraine

May 21, 2026

Alexandros Giotopoulos, the leader of the 17 November organization who had been sentenced to life imprisonment, was released after 24 years in prison

May 21, 2026

Henry Nowak: Student killed in knife attack as two-tier policing questions grow in murder trial

May 21, 2026

Rubio: US-Iran deal is “unfeasible” if tolls are imposed on the Strait of Hormuz

May 21, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα