×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 16°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Massacre in Moscow: Russia “boils with rage” – The torture of those arrested and Putin’s next steps

"All those involved must die" says Medvedev - Four arrested so far in the massacre with 139 dead - Fears of escalating Kremlin attacks

Newsroom March 26 06:04

“All those involved must die” says Medvedev – Four arrested so far in the massacre with 139 dead – Fears of escalating Kremlin attacks

“Everyone is asking me. What should we do? We got them. Well done to everyone who caught them. Do they have to be killed? They have to. And they will be.

But it’s far more important that everyone involved be killed. All of them. Those who paid them, those who sympathized with them, those who helped them. Kill them all.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin has vowed to punish those responsible for the Moscow concert hall attack, adding that the gunmen “tried to hide and moved towards Ukraine.” pic.twitter.com/SfiX7gaUfR

— DW News (@dwnews) March 25, 2024

With these words, Security Council Vice President and former Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev sets the tone for the fate that likely awaits the terrorists arrested for the Crocus City Hall massacre.

Russia continues to mourn the 139 dead – so far – and is seething with rage. The four arrested perpetrators, all Tajik citizens, were brought before a court, where they were charged.

Earlier, of course, as can be seen in videos circulating widely on the Internet, they were subjected to the wrath of the police officers who arrested and interrogated them.

A court in Moscow charged four suspects with acts of terrorism in connection with the attack at a concert at the Crocus City Hall outside the Russian capital. More than 130 people were killed and over 180 were injured https://t.co/CaL3oL4SSJ pic.twitter.com/LOkcVTMwfp

— Reuters (@Reuters) March 24, 2024

In a video released by the paramilitary organisation Wagner, one of the arrested terrorists can be seen naked from the waist down, being subjected to electric shocks to the genitals.

In another video, police officers describe how they cut off the ear of another captured terrorist and forced him to eat it.

For the third, Telegram circulates that Russian security authorities removed one of his eyes during interrogation, while the fourth, who appeared in court with a face swollen from a beating, is shown on video being interrogated with a plastic bag wrapped around his neck.

The four detainees, at least one of whom has reportedly confessed and who will be held in custody until the trial which is expected to begin on 22 May, were announced by Russian authorities as Dalerdzhon Mirzoyev, Saidakrami Murodali Rachabalizoda, Shamsidin Fariduni and Muhammadsobir Fayzov.

Meanwhile and after the posting of the horrific video of the cowardly killings of innocent civilians by the ISIS offshoot, ISIS-K proving its involvement in the Crocus City Hall massacre and the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, for the first time referred to radical Islamist terrorists.

But he again implied that Ukrainians were behind the bloodbath – a claim that Ukraine categorically rejects.

Putin has admitted that attack in Crocus hall has been committed by radical islamists, BUT anyway attempting to falsely blame Ukraine

Putin claims that the people behind islamic radicals, are the same who fighting Russia since 2014 with Ukrainian hands https://t.co/nmcR55ASOK pic.twitter.com/UkRoXUrayN

— Liveuamap (@Liveuamap) March 25, 2024

Vladimir Putin said that the Moscow massacre was “a continuation of the Kiev Nazi attacks”, promising the Russian people that an investigation would be carried out into who gave the orders and that investigations would continue, pointing out once again that the Tajik terrorists who were arrested wanted to flee to Ukraine.

“It was part of the intimidation that they are carrying out on us and part of the attack that the Kiev Nazis have been organising against Russia since 2014,” Putin said of the terrorist attack.

“We are interested in who benefits from it,” he said.

“This atrocity may be just a link in a series of attempts since 2014 by the hands of the neo-Nazi regime in Kiev,” the Russian president also said, who also took swipes at the United States, which he scathingly said “is trying to convince everyone that there is supposedly no Ukrainian trace in this crime, that ISIS is behind it.”

See Also:

New sculptures unveiled for Trafalgar Square’s Fourth Plinth

The question now is what developments in the shadow of the atrocity.

>Related articles

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

Munich Conference formalizes the rift: Rubio cancels last-minute Ukraine meeting – “We must free ourselves from dependence on the US,” say Merz & Macron

Bloomberg: US back-and-forth forces Europe to consider developing a unified nuclear deterrent

First of all, it is a question of whether Russia is facing a new problem, a new generation of terrorists from Tajikistan – a poor post-Soviet country of 10 million people sandwiched between Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and China, whose citizens usually work in manual labor as immigrants in Russia – coming in, but more importantly, whether this attack will mark a new phase in the war in Ukraine.

The Russian president’s next moves and the future of the war in Ukraine are of increasing concern to international analysts who are expressing anxiety about an escalation of attacks by the Kremlin that could potentially use the Moscow massacre as an excuse to further aggravate relations with Ukraine.

Putin’s insistence on Ukrainian meddling, moreover, clearly points in this direction…

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#attacks#Kremlin#moscow#russia#terrorists#ukraine
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Greece–Turkey in “calm waters” until the elections, following the Mitsotakis–Erdogan meeting in Ankara

February 16, 2026

Kilauea Volcano erupted again: the lava jets reached 400 metres, see video

February 16, 2026

Logan Paul sold a rare Pokemon card for the astronomical sum of $16.5 million

February 16, 2026

Papastavrou: We are ushering in a new era of national confidence and determination, becoming a major energy exporter

February 16, 2026

Taxis tomorrow (17/2): Drivers’ strike in Attica through Thursday

February 16, 2026

American Hellenic Institute leadership attends 2026 leadership 100 conference

February 16, 2026

Nikos Plakias speaks to Protothema: The pressure, xylene, Karystianou, and the last photo of the girls from inside the train

February 16, 2026

Second wave of acquisitions in education: Foreign funds now investing in private schools across Greece’s regions

February 16, 2026
All News

> Politics

Greece–Turkey in “calm waters” until the elections, following the Mitsotakis–Erdogan meeting in Ankara

The Greek Prime Minister and the Turkish President reaffirmed their shared intention to maintain good relations in the period ahead. Communication channels remain open to prevent crises, while issues of “low politics” are expected to act as mechanisms for further improving relations

February 16, 2026

Papastavrou: We are ushering in a new era of national confidence and determination, becoming a major energy exporter

February 16, 2026

Adonis Georgiades filed a lawsuit against Zoe Konstantopoulou at Evelpidon

February 16, 2026

Greece signs agreements with Chevron for Hydrocarbons in Crete and the Peloponnese in the presence of Mitsotakis

February 16, 2026

GPO Poll: ND Steadily Above 30%, PASOK Second, Small Drop for Tsipras and Karystianou

February 16, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα