×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
18
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 20°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Rocket barrage in 180 areas of Israel, civilians run to shelters (video)

Hezbollah claimed responsibility - Impossible for civilian aircraft to land a due to Iron Dome

Newsroom October 14 07:56

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

 

Sirens sounded in Tel Aviv and 180 communities in central Israel, with the IDF citing a barrage of rockets from Lebanon and Hezbollah claiming responsibility.

According to the Israeli military, sirens sounded due to rockets, threatening areas of central Israel as well as Tel Aviv, leading millions of Israelis to take shelter.

?Millions of Israelis are running to bomb shelters as sirens sound across Israel? pic.twitter.com/xlddwUbbTk

— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) October 14, 2024

The Israeli military also said interception efforts were made against missiles fired from Lebanon.

It was noted that due to the barrage of rockets, no civilian aircraft could land at the time when all Iron Dome batteries have been activated.

462559526_2298302887181248_9158858312681316650_n



A video posted on the X platform shows a crowd of people running for their lives in fear of attacks from Lebanon. 

Tel Aviv and large parts of central Israel ran to the shelters moments ago.

Where: Tel Aviv, Gordon Beach
When: 14 10 2024 17:35
What: #wartimeTLV #TelAvivUnderAttack pic.twitter.com/asUovPxXwi

— Thomas Schlijper תומאס סלייפר?️ (@schlijperisrael) October 14, 2024

Photo shows results of an IDF rocket interception operation, in particular a rocket fragment is seen in the Holon suburb of Tel Aviv.

At the end of the picture, a shot of a helicopter in the Telon city of Tel Aviv.

thravsma-rouketas



In its latest update, the Israeli army noted that three rockets fired from Lebanon towards densely populated areas of central Israel were intercepted.

So far, he stressed, there are no reports of serious injuries.

Reports, however, say one man was hit as he was walking towards shelter.

Amid an exchange of fire between Israel and Lebanon, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will convene a security council at 8:30 p.m. in Tel Aviv.

The meeting comes as Israel continues to insist it will respond to Iran after Tehran’s missile attack two weeks ago.

The strikes in northern Lebanon

Earlier, the Lebanese Red Cross said Israeli fighters struck the country and its north for the first time since the start of operations in the country.

Specifically, according to the humanitarian organization, an apartment building in the village of Aitou in the province of Sgharta has been hit by Israeli fighter jets. The strike reportedly left at least 18 people dead while the number of injured remains unknown.

>Related articles

New sell-off in markets after Trump’s threats toward Iran: Asian markets fall, oil rises, fears over inflation and pressure on stocks and bonds

Fire caused by a drone attack at the Barakah nuclear power plant in Abu Dhabi

“Go and take it”: The Trump administration reportedly urged the United Arab Emirates to “put boots on the ground” on Lavan Island

ההרס בזירת התקיפה בכפר איטו שבאזור זע'תרא בצפון לבנון, סמוך לטריפולי@sapirlipkin pic.twitter.com/sMXWT1GQk2

— החדשות – N12 (@N12News) October 14, 2024

The north of Lebanon is not a stronghold of Shiite Hezbollah and the area that has been hit is a long-standing location where Christian populations, specifically Maronite Catholics, reside.

?Zgharta, Lebanon ?? ? pic.twitter.com/j5vW9znSZu

— Mona (@ML35209678) October 14, 2024

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#Hezbollah#iron dome#israel#shelling#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Alexis Tsipras to announce his new party on May 26, according to his post

May 18, 2026

International Museum Day 2026: Free admission and exciting events at museums across Greece

May 18, 2026

New sell-off in markets after Trump’s threats toward Iran: Asian markets fall, oil rises, fears over inflation and pressure on stocks and bonds

May 18, 2026

Checks in 90 countries on deposits, POS systems, real estate, social media, and assets by the AADE for Greek tax evasion

May 18, 2026

Mitsotakis speaks about elections in 2027 (and means it) without internal party tensions, new ND secretary “locked in”

May 18, 2026

Erdogan is legislating even the maps of his imagination, fully adopting the concept of casus belli

May 17, 2026

Fire caused by a drone attack at the Barakah nuclear power plant in Abu Dhabi

May 17, 2026

Mitsotakis: Elections in 2027, only through a third New Democracy government term does the sure path to Greece 2030 pass (updated)

May 17, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα