×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Wednesday
19
Aug 2026
weather symbol
Athens 31°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Trump administration’s request to the Supreme Court to “freeze” $4 billion in foreign aid

The Trump administration is seeking to freeze $4 billion in foreign aid, but says it is ready to release the remaining $6.5 billion approved by Congress

Newsroom September 8 06:58

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

 

>Related articles

Abu Dhabi cuts economic ties with Iran, with Fujairah’s maritime gateway at the epicenter

Tensions between Israel & Turkey are rising in Syria: Airbase bombings, Ankara’s denial & US intervention

This is how you can see whether the police have “searched” your car through cameras

The Donald Trump administration on Monday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to allow a “freeze” on spending $4 billion in foreign aid that had been approved by Congress. The development follows a federal judge’s ruling forcing the government to spend the money, despite Trump informing Congress that he did not intend to do so.

In the new memo, Attorney General D. John Sauer argued that the case poses “a serious and urgent threat” to the power of the presidency. Under the Constitution, Congress has the power to allocate funds that the president can spend. Current federal funding expires on September 30. The Trump administration is seeking to “freeze” $4 billion in foreign aid, but says it is ready to allocate the remaining $6.5 billion that Congress has authorized.

Central to the legal dispute is federal judge Amir Ali, who ruled that the government must spend the money unless Congress approves Trump’s request for a “freeze”.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#President Donald Trump#usa aid#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Abu Dhabi cuts economic ties with Iran, with Fujairah’s maritime gateway at the epicenter

August 19, 2026

Thessaly village defies Greece’s demographic decline with large families

August 19, 2026

Harvard agrees $53m settlement over black market sale of donated bodies

August 19, 2026

Tensions between Israel & Turkey are rising in Syria: Airbase bombings, Ankara’s denial & US intervention

August 19, 2026

This is how you can see whether the police have “searched” your car through cameras

August 19, 2026

Do you write using Artificial Intelligence? Soon everyone will be able to know about it

August 19, 2026

Russia places Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s son, who fought in Ukraine, on wanted list

August 19, 2026

Who is Natalie Harp, Trump’s “shadow” who once climbed into a car boot to keep up with him

August 19, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα