×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Tuesday
19
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 18°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Elon Musk accused of ‘space warfare’ after Starlink satellites in near miss with China’s space station

Space warfare

Newsroom December 28 01:02

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Elon Musk has been accused of “space warfare” after some of the satellites he launched for a groundbreaking global internet project had a near miss with China’s new space station.

Satellites from Starlink Internet Services, a division of Musk’s SpaceX aerospace company, had two “close encounters” with the Chinese space station in July and October, according to a document submitted by China to the UN’s space agency earlier this month.

“For safety reasons, the China Space Station implemented preventive collision avoidance control,” China said in a report published on the website of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs.

See Also:

Lightning strikes a man’s umbrella (video)

>Related articles

The sister of Ireland’s president is among the Gaza activists arrested by Israel

Trump is threatening again: No concessions to Tehran – They know what will happen

Taiwan excluded from the WHO Annual General Assembly at the request of China

Mr Musk’s Starlink project to blanket the world with universal internet coverage has hit stumbling blocks before in China, which keeps information tightly controlled.

A copy of the report circulated on Monday on Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, where several users referred to the project as “space warfare”.

Read more: yahoo

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#china#Elon Musk#science#space#technology#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

The sister of Ireland’s president is among the Gaza activists arrested by Israel

May 18, 2026

Trump is threatening again: No concessions to Tehran – They know what will happen

May 18, 2026

Polakis: I was and will always be SYRIZA, it’s a joke to be an independent MP

May 18, 2026

Kyriakos Mitsotakis at the General Assembly of the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE)

May 18, 2026

Taiwan excluded from the WHO Annual General Assembly at the request of China

May 18, 2026

Deviation from the EU over the non-recognition of the Pontic Genocide, says Nikitas Kaklamanis

May 18, 2026

Gradual reopening of the Strait of Hormuz with roles for Pakistan, Oman, and a “freeze” of the nuclear program: What Tehran is requesting in its revised proposal to the US

May 18, 2026

Eleni Avlonitou has left SYRIZA, heading to the Tsipras party

May 18, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα