×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Monday
16
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Prince George terror plot accused “wanted to poison ice creams”!

Husnain Rashid posted a photo online of the four-year-old prince with the address of his Battersea school

Newsroom May 24 08:53

A suspected Islamic State supporter encouraged lone wolf attackers to target Prince George at his school and to poison ice creams, a court has heard.

Husnain Rashid posted a photo online of the four-year-old prince with the address of his Battersea school, a silhouette of a jihadist fighter and the message “even the Royal Family will not be left alone”, a jury at Woolwich Crown Court heard.

The 32-year-old, who taught at the Muhammadi mosque, denies three counts of preparing terrorist acts, one count of encouraging terrorism, two of disseminating a terrorist publication and one of failing to comply with a notice under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act.

On the first day of his trial, jurors heard that the accused, from Nelson in Lancashire, provided an “e-toolkit for terrorism” in a “prolific” online Telegram channel he ran called the Lone Mujahid.

Prosecutor Annabel Darlow said: “His proposals were indiscriminate and made no distinction between adult and child, between members of fighting forces and civilians.

“His suggestions included injecting poison into supermarket ice creams and targeting Prince George at his first school.”

pg2

(Husnain Rashid, 32, is accused of seven terror charges)

Other targets included the Halloween Parade in New York and railway stations in Australia.

His “hit list” for jihadists to “terrorize the enemies of Allah” also included author Salman Rushdie and MI6.

He is also accused of posting a photoraph of the Burmese ambassador to the UK which said: “You know what to do.”

Police arrested Rashid in April after finding his online channels.

When they arrested him at his Lancashire home he threw a mobile phone into an alleyway which police found and described as “a treasure trove” of evidence.

His plans to travel to Syria were on the device.

His phone allegedly contained a PDF file of a 31-page jihadist magazine he had created and called Lone Mujahid.

It contained articles about how to make a bomb in your kitchen, which the prosecution said he was due to publish before he was arrested.

pg3

(Rashid gave the address of Thomas’s Battersea, Prince George’s school)

He advised lone attackers about “every conceivable type of attack”, including the use of bombs, chemicals and knives, Ms Darlow said.

Rashid also communicated with a British terrorist in Syria called Omar Ali Hussain, advising him on how to carry out successful attacks including bringing down a plane with lasers, the prosecutor added.

Hussain, from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, was also called Abu Sa’eed al Britani, and last year Sky News found his name etched on a prison wall in an IS death camp, suggesting he has now died.

“He made numerous posts glorifying terrorist atrocities committed successfully against others and encouraging and inciting his readers to plan and commit more successful terror attacks of their own,” Ms Darlow said.

>Related articles

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

When scrolling becomes addiction: Internet addiction now affecting even primary school children

Conflict in Britain between Starmer and the owner of Manchester United: “We’ve become a colony of immigrants”, “make a public apology”

The allegations span a period between October 2016 and April this year.

The trial is expected to last six weeks and will continue on Thursday.

Source: sky

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#islam#jihadists#Prince George#school#terrorism#UK
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Pierarakis: Eleni Glykatzi-Arveler was the most tangible proof of the power generated by dedication to knowledge

February 16, 2026

The execution of the 200 in Kaisariani by German occupation forces: The stories and relics of the fallen

February 16, 2026

St. Peter’s Basilica Square to fully open to the public, café to double in size, real-time booking system to be introduced

February 16, 2026

Over 70 non-governmental organisations oppose the European migration reform plan

February 16, 2026

The great Byzantinologist Eleni Glykatzi-Arveler died at the age of 99

February 16, 2026

Alexis Tsipras presents “Ithaki” in Larissa today

February 16, 2026

Greece–Turkey in “calm waters” until the elections, following the Mitsotakis–Erdogan meeting in Ankara

February 16, 2026

Kilauea Volcano erupted again: the lava jets reached 400 metres, see video

February 16, 2026
All News

> World

St. Peter’s Basilica Square to fully open to the public, café to double in size, real-time booking system to be introduced

These changes—whose implementation date has not yet been specified—are part of the initiatives marking this year the 400th anniversary of the inauguration of St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world and the global center of Catholicism

February 16, 2026

Over 70 non-governmental organisations oppose the European migration reform plan

February 16, 2026

Kilauea Volcano erupted again: the lava jets reached 400 metres, see video

February 16, 2026

Logan Paul sold a rare Pokemon card for the astronomical sum of $16.5 million

February 16, 2026

The Kremlin “categorically rejects” the finding on the murder of Navalny with poison

February 16, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα