×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Sunday
24
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 20°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

New mass arrests in the Turkish Air Force!

Since the failed coup against the Turkish president was attempted more than 77.000 people have been arrested and 150.000 have been removed from office

Newsroom September 24 10:22

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

Fifty months after the attempted coup against Recep Tayyip Erdogan, which, according to the Turkish government, was a work of the Guilenists (FETO), the cleansing within the Turkish armed forces is proceeding at unimpeded pace.

On Friday, arrest warrants were handed over to 110 Turkish Air Force officers on duty, accused of being affiliated with Imam Gülen, who lives in self-exile in the US. The Turkish authorities argue that even today there are nuclei of the “Fethullah Gülen (FETO) terrorist organization, and this is the reason for the continuation of the operations. Among the arrested are three policemen and five pilots, as well as officers serving at Incirlik air base.

By Friday night, 85 officers had been arrested and the authorities were looking for the rest in 15 Turkish cities.

Since July 2016, when the coup against the Turkish president was attempted, more than 77,000 people have been arrested and 150,000 have been removed from office or have been suspended indefinitely, in the context of these operations of the Turkish authorities which, according to Ankara, are necessary to eliminate any risk of mutiny. Among the arrested are also many journalists.

“We’ll hunt them wherever they are”

Turkish Presidential Speaker, Ibrahim Kalin, spoke of the continuation of the abductions of Gulenists in foreign countries, by the Turkish secret services, and stressed that Turkey is determined to punish them.

“The operations of Turkish intelligence services (MIT) and the Armed Forces abroad will continue with the same determination. Those who have committed crimes against Turkey know that they will be brought to justice and, whether in a year or five years, will be punished.

>Related articles

Kostas Iliakis: The “eagle” of Crete who was extinguished in the sky

Turkey: CHP appeals to Turkey’s Supreme Administrative Court over removal of its leadership

Turkey: Erdogan ordered the closure of a private university in Constantinople

The Republic of Turkey will not allow the members of the FETO (Gulenists) to draw breath. All of them will feel the breath of Turkey on their neck”, Kalin said.

MIT has made kidnaps in 18 countries and has captured 80 FETO members, whom they have brought back to Turkey.

Source: balkaneu

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#arrested#failed coup attempt#FETO#Gulen#MIT#President Recep Tayyip Erdogan#purge#THK#turkey
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Yannis Smaragdis against Christopher Nolan over “The Odyssey”: “If he’s doing it for the Oscars, it’s disgraceful”

May 24, 2026

Fines for late tax filings are being abolished – Who will receive retroactive refunds covering two years

May 24, 2026

The Orphanage of Prinkipo will become a Hotel – “It was not an easy decision, but it was necessary,” says Bartholomew

May 23, 2026

Kostas Iliakis: The “eagle” of Crete who was extinguished in the sky

May 23, 2026

Iron Maiden return to Athens tonight for a massive Heavy Metal celebration (photos-video)

May 23, 2026

Successful test flight for Elon Musk’s new Starship V3 (video)

May 23, 2026

Iranian Revolutionary Guard terrorist planned to kill Ivanka Trump, had map of her Florida home

May 23, 2026

Police shot & wounded a man who pulled a gun during a check – He was also carrying six grenades

May 23, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα