×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
19
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 13°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

Oops: Trump releases shock video of deadly attack in Yemen

"There will be no attack by these Houthis! They will never sink our ships again!" writes the US president as dozens of militants are killed by US bombing

Newsroom April 5 08:10

 

U.S. President Donald Trump released a video yesterday Friday that he said shows dozens of fighters from the Houthis as they are killed in a US bombing campaign in Yemen, accompanying it with the sarcastic exclamation “oops”, via Truth Social.

The images, black and white, taken from above by a military drone show dozens of people who have formed a circle before a bomb was dropped.

The camera captures the explosion, thick smoke, then images of the affected area where nothing is left, only a few vehicles can be seen in the distance.

These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!

They will never sink our ships again!

Donald Trump Truth Social 04/04/25 05:40 PM pic.twitter.com/zafEdKwKtM

>Related articles

Bulgaria holds early parliamentary elections on 19 April, eighth in five years

Washington moves closer to declaring war on Iran, even immediately: “Trump’s patience is running out”

Greek-Indian relations: How Greece unlocks the world’s largest market

— Donald J. Trump Posts From His Truth Social (@TrumpDailyPosts) April 4, 2025

On Tuesday, White House spokeswoman Caroline Levitt welcomed more than “200 successful strikes” against Yemeni rebels as tensions have risen sharply since mid-March between Washington and the movement, believed to be backed by Iran.

Washington also announced earlier this week that it was sending a second aircraft carrier to the Middle East.

The Houthis began targeting commercial shipping in the Red Sea with missiles and drones about a month after war broke out in the Gaza Strip in October 2023, blocking access to the Suez Canal, through which about 12% of the world’s maritime traffic passed until last year. They are targeting ships linked to Israel in solidarity with the Palestinians.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#bombing#houthies#President Donald Trump#usa#video#world
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

What funding are Kapodistrias, Broken Vein, The Great Chimera, Rififi receiving – The funds for foreign films

February 19, 2026

The owner of “Violanda” in Trikala prison: the crucial questions about the propane leak and the “line” of the apology

February 19, 2026

“Ark of the World”: Father Antonios and four other defendants guilty of physical abuse of children

February 19, 2026

The battle of LNG: How we came to the Motor Oil – DESFA rift over the FSRU in Corinth

February 19, 2026

The breathtaking road that seems to float on water— A gateway to the “Polynesia of Greece”

February 19, 2026

Unacceptable oil embargo on Cuba by the U.S., says Putin

February 18, 2026

Owner of Violanta, Konstantinos Tziortziotis, remanded in custody after five-hour testimony

February 18, 2026

Hoxha’s secret naval base inside a mountain in Albania, the clash with the Russians, and the theft of the submarines

February 18, 2026
All News

> Greece

The owner of “Violanda” in Trikala prison: the crucial questions about the propane leak and the “line” of the apology

Tziortziotis insisted that he did not know about the danger, "blamed" executives - Five-hour apology and persistent questions about the safety protocols - The testimonies of employees

February 19, 2026

“Ark of the World”: Father Antonios and four other defendants guilty of physical abuse of children

February 19, 2026

The breathtaking road that seems to float on water— A gateway to the “Polynesia of Greece”

February 19, 2026

Owner of Violanta, Konstantinos Tziortziotis, remanded in custody after five-hour testimony

February 18, 2026

Ten centuries-old olive trees in New Heraklion, Attica

February 18, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα