×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Saturday
23
May 2026
weather symbol
Athens 20°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> Greece

The American arrested in Skiathos for the murders in Rome had received 863,000 euros for a film

The identity of the woman and her one-year-old daughter allegedly murdered by the 46-year-old man

Newsroom June 19 10:00

Δείτε περισσότερα άρθρα μας στα αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

Add Protothema.gr on Google

The 46-year-old American who was arrested last Friday in Skiathos after a European warrant was issued, allegedly received over five years ago 863,000 euros for producing and directing a film, La Repubblica revealed.

Francis Kaufman frequently changed his name and identity, the latest evidence from the investigators’ inquiry said.

He allegedly strangled his baby daughter, aged about a year, 15 days ago, in Rome’s Villa Pamphili park.

The Russian mother of the little girl and his partner were found dead a few meters away, always in Villa Pamphili. Currently, the arrested man is also accused of hiding her body.

>Related articles

Mango founder’s son arrested for his father’s death

“We had been monitoring them for a long time, They may be linked to other crimes,” says Chrysochoidis about the Tithorea bank robbers

Shock in Britain: Gay couple accused of raping & sexually exploiting young men

On Thursday morning, the unfortunate woman’s mother identified the body via the Internet. Anastasia, 28, was 28 years old. The last time she had spoken to her mother, she had said her relationship with her American partner was facing significant problems.

Crucial to establishing the woman’s identity was a tattoo she bore on her leg, and the investigation of a missing persons tracking programme broadcast by Italian public television station Rai.

Italian authorities have asked Greece to extradite the 46-year-old American. He is currently being held in Larissa, but he does not want to be extradited to Italy.

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#arrest#crime#murder
> More Greece

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

The Best Greek Swimsuit and Resortwear Brands to Know This Summer

May 22, 2026

Turkey: CHP appeals to Turkey’s Supreme Administrative Court over removal of its leadership

May 22, 2026

Ozzy Osbourne: “I still look for you in every part of life that should include you,” writes his daughter

May 22, 2026

Papastergiou on electric scooters: How the ban on minors will be implemented, with kids wallet the procedure

May 22, 2026

SpaceX: Why it canceled the Starship V3 launch 40 seconds before liftoff

May 22, 2026

Thessaloniki Metro closes on Friday 29/5 for 2.5 weeks – The extension project to Kalamaria is underway

May 22, 2026

Ticket issue for the Final Four: Olympiacos in constant contact with EuroLeague to resolve issue for ticket holders

May 22, 2026

Spy “thriller” at the Presidential Palace in Skopje

May 22, 2026
All News

> Greece

In reverence, the emotional deposition in Jerusalem, see photos & video

The Holy Temple of the Resurrection opened after many days due to the war between Israel and Iran

April 10, 2026

In the final stretch for the accreditation of joint master’s degrees: Aiming for their launch in the coming academic year

April 10, 2026

Schedule for Epitaph Procession today (10/4)

April 10, 2026

Perfect weather for Easter excursions, according to Tsatrafyllia’s forecast

April 10, 2026

Easter in Greece: The customs that continue in Greek tradition – From Nafpaktos to Corfu

April 10, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα