×
GreekEnglish

×
  • Politics
  • Diaspora
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Cooking
Thursday
19
Feb 2026
weather symbol
Athens 16°C
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Diaspora
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Mediterranean Cooking
  • Weather
Contact follow Protothema:
Powered by Cloudevo
> World

No more social media access for minors under 15 in Denmark

Denmark thus follows the example of other countries, such as Australia, which last year banned access to minors under the age of 16

Newsroom November 7 11:08

Denmark will ban adults under 15 from logging onto social networking sites, although parents will have discretion to allow access to certain platforms to children over 13, the government said.

Last month, Prime Minister Mete Frederiksen, in a speech to parliament, advocated for restrictions on children’s access to social networks because of concerns about their mental health.

“So-called social networks are flourishing by stealing our children’s time, childhood, and well-being, and we will stop this now,” said Minister for Digitisation Karolene Stange Olsen. Most parties in parliament support the measure.

The platforms most used by minors in Denmark are Snapchat, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok, according to the government. Children spend an average of 2 hours and 40 minutes on social media on a daily basis.

>Related articles

Britain too is considering banning social media use for children under 16

Conflict in Britain between Starmer and the owner of Manchester United: “We’ve become a colony of immigrants”, “make a public apology”

The Commission targets TikTok for its addictive design that harms children

Denmark thus follows the example of other countries, such as Australia, which last year banned access to minors under the age of 16.

 

 

Ask me anything

Explore related questions

#denmark#social media
> More World

Follow en.protothema.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news

See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at en.protothema.gr

> Latest Stories

Technical problem in radar at “Eleftherios Venizelos”

February 19, 2026

Apostolos Spyropoulos levels harsh accusations at his family over winery auctions: “I was alone, and all of you were against me”

February 19, 2026

Incidents at Nikaia Hospital – Georgiadis: “My physical integrity was at risk – The violence of KKE and ANTARSYA cannot prevail”

February 19, 2026

AADE: New system launched with 2,000 accounts to monitor bank accounts, wallets, cards, and safe deposits – Those targeted

February 19, 2026

Ministry of Education: Public consultation on the bill for the establishment of a Higher School of Performing Arts

February 19, 2026

Urgent Weather Alert until Saturday afternoon for storms and hail – When the bad weather will hit Attica

February 19, 2026

Clean Monday: When and how employees and pensioners will be paid ahead of the three-day weekend

February 19, 2026

Ankara upset by Athens-Chevron deal: “Unilateral actions south of Crete violate international law”

February 19, 2026
All News

> Environment

40-year record for Mediterranean monk seal births in Greece – watch the video

In recent years, we have been witnessing a remarkable recovery of Mediterranean monk seal populations in Greece, according to MOm. The number of recorded newborns is impressive, including births in new breeding areas for the species

February 17, 2026

The deepest Blue Hole in the oceans has been found: The phenomenon that puzzles experts (video)

February 17, 2026

SOA Greece takes action for the Mediterranean: Youth, science, and solutions for invasive species

February 16, 2026

Acherontia atropos: The moth with the skull on its chest

February 12, 2026

Astronomical “parade” in February with six planets appearing: How and when the rare phenomenon will be visible

February 12, 2026
Homepage
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY COOKIES POLICY TERM OF USE
Powered by Cloudevo
Copyright © 2026 Πρώτο Θέμα